Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 8/19/2017 9:10:49 PM EST
I've done some searching and just can't seem to find a lot of info on drawer type safes. I'll be getting an SUV in the near future, probably a Subaru cross trek, and I want a drawer safe for the back.

Also, a question for anybody that currently has one in an SUV. How do you get to your spare tire?

Any reccomendations or suggestions?

Thanks
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 3:39:38 PM EST
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 3:24:36 AM EST
Check out the LE/fire upfitters. But you're going to have to pay to play depending on what you want. Im building my own. It was cheaper to buy a complete TIG welding rig and materials to build my own aluminum one than to buy what I wanted.

Also check out overlanding vehicle forums and suppliers. They have some good stuff also.

Truckvault, D&R electronics, and Highway Products are a couple off the top of my head.

Keep in mind truck vaults are wood and weigh a TON.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 3:29:06 AM EST
I have 2015 Impreza hatch back. So same body as the Crosstrek. You will be hard pressed to find a off the shelf drawer that fits in the rear hatch due to the size. Most drawer safes are meant for truck beds or full-size SUVs. I looked around a ton after buying mine and didn't see anything that made sense. They all block spare access and eat up huge cargo space if you can find one that even fits. I gave up and realize that I need a vehicle not driven by lesbians and everyone in Vermont in order to get a compatible vehicle safe that makes sense.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 5:51:03 AM EST
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By smokinghole:
I have 2015 Impreza hatch back. So same body as the Crosstrek. You will be hard pressed to find a off the shelf drawer that fits in the rear hatch due to the size. Most drawer safes are meant for truck beds or full-size SUVs. I looked around a ton after buying mine and didn't see anything that made sense. They all block spare access and eat up huge cargo space if you can find one that even fits. I gave up and realize that I need a vehicle not driven by lesbians and everyone in Vermont in order to get a compatible vehicle safe that makes sense.
View Quote
I would assume this is the answer. Most Tahoes and large SUV's have the spare outside the vehicle. 
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 3:37:00 PM EST
I feel your pain. I would love to find a metal slide out drawer safe to replace the 2016 Tahoe/Yukon/Escalade rear plastic hinged lid crap. May have to go custom if I can find someone local.
Top Top