Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/19/2017 10:10:49 PM EDT
I've done some searching and just can't seem to find a lot of info on drawer type safes. I'll be getting an SUV in the near future, probably a Subaru cross trek, and I want a drawer safe for the back.

Also, a question for anybody that currently has one in an SUV. How do you get to your spare tire?

Any reccomendations or suggestions?

Thanks
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 4:24:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Check out the LE/fire upfitters. But you're going to have to pay to play depending on what you want. Im building my own. It was cheaper to buy a complete TIG welding rig and materials to build my own aluminum one than to buy what I wanted.

Also check out overlanding vehicle forums and suppliers. They have some good stuff also.

Truckvault, D&R electronics, and Highway Products are a couple off the top of my head.  

Keep in mind truck vaults are wood and weigh a TON.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 4:29:06 AM EDT
[#3]
I have 2015 Impreza hatch back.  So same body as the Crosstrek.  You will be hard pressed to find a off the shelf drawer that fits in the rear hatch due to the size.  Most drawer safes are meant for truck beds or full-size SUVs.  I looked around a ton after buying mine and didn't see anything that made sense.  They all block spare access and eat up huge cargo space if you can find one that even fits.  I gave up and realize that I need a vehicle not driven by lesbians and everyone in Vermont in order to get a compatible vehicle safe that makes sense.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 6:51:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have 2015 Impreza hatch back.  So same body as the Crosstrek.  You will be hard pressed to find a off the shelf drawer that fits in the rear hatch due to the size.  Most drawer safes are meant for truck beds or full-size SUVs.  I looked around a ton after buying mine and didn't see anything that made sense.  They all block spare access and eat up huge cargo space if you can find one that even fits.  I gave up and realize that I need a vehicle not driven by lesbians and everyone in Vermont in order to get a compatible vehicle safe that makes sense.
View Quote
I would assume this is the answer. Most Tahoes and large SUV's have the spare outside the vehicle. 
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 4:37:00 PM EDT
[#5]
I feel your pain. I would love to find a metal slide out drawer safe to replace the 2016 Tahoe/Yukon/Escalade rear plastic hinged lid crap. May have to go custom if I can find someone local.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top