Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 3/6/2002 8:24:22 AM EDT
HAVE ANY OF YOU GUYS TRIED THE D-FENDER O RING USED TO INCREASE THE STRENGTH OF THE EXRACTOR IN THE AR-15?

IF SO, WHAT HAS BEEN YOUR RESULTS?

TNX,

GARY
Link Posted: 3/6/2002 8:37:46 AM EDT
Works like a charm. The same thing can be accomplished with small o-ring of similar size, or the official black-colored M4 extractor insert (instead of the blue one).
Link Posted: 3/6/2002 9:01:59 AM EDT

I agree. Heavy duty extractor spring and O-ring/D-ring on all 3 shorter barrels. Work great.
Link Posted: 3/6/2002 12:48:44 PM EDT

Originally Posted By mojo:

I agree. Heavy duty extractor spring and O-ring/D-ring on all 3 shorter barrels. Work great.

THANKS FOR THE INPUT.

GARY
Link Posted: 3/6/2002 12:51:11 PM EDT
You can also use gas line tubing. $.89 at Home depot.
Link Posted: 3/6/2002 3:46:14 PM EDT
At first, I used silicone O-rings, which take heat better than the black O-rings...
The silicone O-rings won't dry-out, or swell-up from solvents either...

My silicone O-rings are from a hobby shop...They are used in shock absorbers on 1/8th scale RC cars...
They are even blue like the D-fender...

My latest fix on my short barrel gun is an extra-power extractor spring, an extra-power recoil spring, and a heavy steel buffer...
Wit the heavy extractor spring, I needed no other aid with it, no O-ring, or rubber insert...It works fine all by itself, is quite stiff, and you'll have trouble getting the extractor pin in too...

The springs are from:
Wolff gunsprings...Try:
www.gunsprings.com

I highly recommend them, they have online ordering, and ship right away...I had my stuff in only 2-3 days...

I use this combination in my 7-1/2" barrel Carbon-15 pistol, and it made a HUGE difference in the way the gun shoots and cycles...
I replaced the pistol buffer tube with the tube (only) from a CAR stock.(only 2" longer)
I can't use the stock with the tube, otherwise I'd be making a SBR....

Hope that helps...
Link Posted: 3/6/2002 4:58:12 PM EDT
Agreed on Wolf springs. I've got a 11.5" SBR. I've used a D-FENDER and a heavy buffer since day one (which was way before the M4 and the black extractor spring insert) and never had any problems. However, lately I've started having failures to eject, 1 out of every 100 rounds or so. Things must be wearing in after several thousand rounds So I just got an extra power Wolf buffer spring the other week and it fixed the problem right away.
Top Top