Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
1/22/2020 12:12:56 PM
Posted: 1/16/2015 12:39:29 PM EST
Thinking about buying a Chinese SKS from SOG (sale price helps!) but I have a feeling AIM may have them soon so am holding off for now. But I am very curious to see pics of anyone else's Norinco from SOG if they made a recent purchase. Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 2:36:06 PM EST
It seems these are in 3 grades.

1.Broken and or rusty with stock that is splintered firewood

2.Good metal, crap stock. My 2 I have from RTI for 250 are in this category both shoot great.

3.Good metal decent stock.

I haven't seen many or read of bad bores. Basically you pay for a nicer stock and less outside rust. Most seem to be matching.

I don't think you can go wrong for 300.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 10:55:40 AM EST
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Jerret_S:
It seems these are in 3 grades.

1.Broken and or rusty with stock that is splintered firewood

2.Good metal, crap stock. My 2 I have from RTI for 250 are in this category both shoot great.

3.Good metal decent stock.

I haven't seen many or read of bad bores. Basically you pay for a nicer stock and less outside rust. Most seem to be matching.

I don't think you can go wrong for 300.
View Quote

Hmmm. The ones listed for $280 specify G-VG condition. I would bet that would probably be your #2 grade, maybe a pinch better. Then they have the $25 handpick option which should get something nice hopefully. I'm just hoping someone can post up some pics of a recent purchase specifically from SOG. With handpick, I'm looking at right around $330 shipped. .
Top Top