Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/16/2015 1:39:29 PM EDT
Thinking about buying a Chinese SKS from SOG (sale price helps!) but I have a feeling AIM may have them soon so am holding off for now. But I am very curious to see pics of anyone else's Norinco from SOG if they made a recent purchase. Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 3:36:06 PM EDT
[#1]
It seems these are in 3 grades.

1.Broken and or rusty with stock that is splintered firewood

2.Good metal, crap stock. My 2 I have from RTI for 250 are in this category both shoot great.

3.Good metal decent stock.

I haven't seen many or read of bad bores. Basically you pay for a nicer stock and less outside rust. Most seem to be matching.

I don't think you can go wrong for 300.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 11:55:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It seems these are in 3 grades.

1.Broken and or rusty with stock that is splintered firewood

2.Good metal, crap stock. My 2 I have from RTI for 250 are in this category both shoot great.

3.Good metal decent stock.

I haven't seen many or read of bad bores. Basically you pay for a nicer stock and less outside rust. Most seem to be matching.

I don't think you can go wrong for 300.
View Quote

Hmmm. The ones listed for $280 specify G-VG condition. I would bet that would probably be your #2 grade, maybe a pinch better. Then they have the $25 handpick option which should get something nice hopefully. I'm just hoping someone can post up some pics of a recent purchase specifically from SOG. With handpick, I'm looking at right around $330 shipped. .
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top