Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/27/2005 3:35:43 PM EDT
I need a trigger job on my new Bushy lower. Do you guy know of a good place to send it or would I be better off getting a match trigger and dropping it in myself.

thanks
Randy
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 3:43:09 PM EDT
[#1]
get one and drop in, any one tell you that they can do a trigger is doing you a disservice.  the parts are hardened so any stone polishing will weaken the parts contacting each other.

Try the new Chip mcCormick single stage curved trigger kit, it is by far the easiest to install and no adjustments or fitting required.

Call MSTN, Wes stock those on a regular basis.

Link Posted: 9/27/2005 7:16:50 PM EDT
[#2]
SMGLee you have no idea what in the hell you are talking about. Charles the Gunsmith.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 7:22:55 PM EDT
[#3]
75 bucks and 15-20 mins of your time will get ya a nice RRA 2 stage trigger installed.  Good luck
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 7:28:45 PM EDT
[#4]
AR trigger parts are surface hardened only.  Its easy to screw up a trigger and render it useless after a thousand rounds.  Just buy a new drop in trigger.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 8:02:21 PM EDT
[#5]
You do realize that firing it about 500 - 1000 times will smooth out that stock trigger don't you

If you insist on replace it, get yourself a good aftermarket trigger...

I recommend NOT playing around with lighter springs unless you replace the hammer with a low mass, high speed type...
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 8:39:34 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
You do realize that firing it about 500 - 1000 times will smooth out that stock trigger don't you h

All my rifles and handguns have after market triggers or at the least, a trigger job. This is my first AR and I don't think the stock trigger will ever be good enough for me.
I think I'll get a drop in......thanks guys
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 9:29:50 AM EDT
[#7]
if you arfe sitting on a bench trying to get the tightest groups, a new trigger kit is the way to go, if this is your work gun, defense gun, go to carbine class gun, a stock factory is the way to go, it might be a hard pull now, but it will smooth out with time beside, when your brain are pouring out of your ear in a fire fight, that 10lbs trigger will feel like a pound and half.  :)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top