Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 10/12/2005 2:59:00 PM EDT
i am sorta new to the ar shooting thing as a hobby. i have plenty of other military type arms but no ar15...untill now...i will be taking delivery of a bushmaster lower..what should i top it off with?

a bushmaster? rra? dpms? here is what i will do with it..first i know i want a flat top cause i'm getting some gg&g front and rear sites and a eotech through another deal..i figure a 16 inch barrel is good but am not sure if i need the m4 profile to it..i will never mount a grenade launcher to it so i guess i don't need it right? thats just for looks right?

i'm just a plinker so i really don't have use for all those expensive bench shooting add ons..i will be happy with 2 moa.

so lets hear it people....who makes the best? or are they all reasonably the same? please respond...thanks

Link Posted: 10/12/2005 3:12:36 PM EDT
I'm a fan of RRA, but I'm also a fan of sticking as many parts on a rifle from the same company as possible.

I'd say get a flattop HBAR Bushy upper and enjoy, With the right ammo, you should be able to get into that 2MOA or less range.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 3:26:28 PM EDT
I'm an RRA fan as well.....but like WIZZO said, if I had a Bushy lower then I'd probably go with a Bushy upper as well.

The M4 profile barrel is also lighter than an HBAR. If weight is of no concern then I'd go with a 16" HBAR....it happens to be what mine is too.

Since you said you are getting GG&G front and rear sights, be sure to get either a railed gas block (if that is where the GG&G needs to go) or you'll need a railed handguard for the front sight.

If you want regular handguards then I'd say just get a regular front sight base and sell off the GG&G front sight or hang on to it for a future project. And yes, there will be a future project.

My biggest recommendation is that you spend some time and think it through and read around here a lot and not rush into buying something that you really don't want.

I'm sure others that are far more wise than I will chime in soon.

Good luck!!

Link Posted: 10/12/2005 6:02:50 PM EDT
My biggest recommendation is that you spend some time and think it through and read around here a lot and not rush into buying something that you really don't want.

Learned this lesson the hard way. Take your time!
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 6:10:45 PM EDT
My vote-

Colt 6920 M4 mil-spec upper w/ 16" chrome-lined bbl and removable A2 flash hider. I'd replace the flash hider with a vortex or phantom.

- rem
Top Top