Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/12/2005 2:59:00 PM EDT
i am sorta new to the ar shooting thing as a hobby. i have plenty of other military type arms but no ar15...untill now...i will be taking delivery of a bushmaster lower..what should i top it off with?

a bushmaster? rra? dpms? here is what i will do with it..first i know i want a flat top cause i'm getting some gg&g front and rear sites and a eotech through another deal..i figure a 16 inch barrel is good but am not sure if i need the m4 profile to it..i will never mount a grenade launcher to it so i guess i don't need it right? thats just for looks right?

i'm just a plinker so i really don't have use for all those expensive bench shooting add ons..i will be happy with 2 moa.

so lets hear it people....who makes the best? or are they all reasonably the same?  please respond...thanks

Link Posted: 10/12/2005 3:12:36 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm a fan of RRA, but I'm also a fan of sticking as many parts on a rifle from the same company as possible.

I'd say get a flattop HBAR Bushy upper and enjoy, With the right ammo, you should be able to get into that 2MOA or less range.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 3:26:28 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm an RRA fan as well.....but like WIZZO said, if I had a Bushy lower then I'd probably go with a Bushy upper as well.

The M4 profile barrel is also lighter than an HBAR. If weight is of no concern then I'd go with a 16" HBAR....it happens to be what mine is too.

Since you said you are getting GG&G front and rear sights, be sure to get either a railed gas block (if that is where the GG&G needs to go) or you'll need a railed handguard for the front sight.

If you want regular handguards then I'd say just get a regular front sight base and sell off the GG&G front sight or hang on to it for a future project. And yes, there will be a future project.

My biggest recommendation is that you spend some time and think it through and read around here a lot and not rush into buying something that you really don't want.

I'm sure others that are far more wise than I will chime in soon.

Good luck!!

Link Posted: 10/12/2005 6:02:50 PM EDT
[#3]
My biggest recommendation is that you spend some time and think it through and read around here a lot and not rush into buying something that you really don't want.

Learned this lesson the hard way.  Take your time!
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 6:10:45 PM EDT
[#4]
My vote-

Colt 6920 M4 mil-spec upper w/ 16" chrome-lined bbl and removable A2 flash hider. I'd replace the flash hider with a vortex or phantom.

- rem
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top