Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 10/28/2004 7:48:24 AM EST
i was wondering why would anyone have a otal and aimpoint together. Im just got one of each and now thinking what the heck was i thinking i got 2 quick aiming devices it defeats the purpose of it. Now if u have magnifing scope and otal that makes sense. Please tell me why people have aimpoint and otal on same gun. thx
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 10:19:36 AM EST
I run IR lasers on my weapons in conjunction with various optics. The reason I do so is to have a reflexive firing option with head/helmet mounted NVD's.

Since I suspect you're talking about a standard visible OTAL unit I can see your point of questioning but still. It offers you the same heads up firing advantage in a visible sighted unit for quick reflex firing of your weapon. It also does allow you some options in tight quarters where fully shouldering your weapon might not be a time allowed option. I myself don't normally do visible's but I don't deride their performance.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 11:39:48 AM EST
well to bad i cant get IR laser. I understand in small circumstances that a laser would useful. But here comes my idea a laser is sometimes hard to locate where sight is not. I mean if u had both why not use the dot scope over laser 99.9%. My 2 cents. I have both so i probably going to put on my gun but just curious. People say takes a lot of training to work with lasers but very minimal training to work with dots scopes.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 11:43:03 AM EST
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 10:40:28 PM EST
There was a group buy on the OTAL's not to long ago. I already have an Aimpoint , so I did'nt see the need to buy an OTAL. Then I saw the group buy price. So I got one anyway.

Now I'm building another rifle for it. Try it. You'll like it!
Top Top