Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/28/2004 8:48:24 AM EDT
i was wondering why would anyone have a otal and aimpoint together. Im just got one of each and now thinking what the heck was i thinking i got 2 quick aiming devices it defeats the purpose of it. Now if u have magnifing scope and otal that makes sense. Please tell me why people have aimpoint and otal on same gun. thx
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 11:19:36 AM EDT
[#1]
I run IR lasers on my weapons in conjunction with various optics. The reason I do so is to have a reflexive firing option with head/helmet mounted NVD's.

Since I suspect you're talking about a  standard visible OTAL unit I can see your point of questioning but still. It offers you the same heads up firing advantage in a visible sighted unit for quick reflex firing of your weapon. It also does allow you some options in tight quarters where fully shouldering your weapon might not be a time allowed option.  I myself don't normally do visible's but I don't deride their performance.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 12:39:48 PM EDT
[#2]
well to bad i cant get IR laser. I understand in small circumstances that a laser would useful. But here comes my idea a laser is sometimes hard to locate where sight is not. I mean if u had both why not use the dot scope over laser 99.9%. My 2 cents. I have both so i probably going to put on my gun but just curious. People say takes a lot of training to work with lasers but very minimal training to work with dots scopes.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 12:43:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 11:40:28 PM EDT
[#4]
There was a group buy on the OTAL's not to long ago.  I already have an Aimpoint , so I did'nt see the need to buy an OTAL.  Then I saw the group buy price.  So I got one anyway.

Now I'm building another rifle for it.  Try it.  You'll like it!
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top