Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
12/6/2019 7:27:02 PM
Posted: 6/4/2008 6:31:44 PM EST
I am getting ready to order the last of the parts for my LW upper and I have narrowed it down to a bennie cooley comp or a fsc 556 and I cannot make up my mind. this is a range rifle only and is not intended for self defense or SHTF so I am not worried about flash suppression. I do not know how big the bennie cooley brake is so I dont know if it would fit poorly on a .625" barrel that i am using.

bennie cooley comp

FSC556

here is the setup so far
-CavArms yellow lower and m4 guard
-RRA 9mm slickside upper (going to get the gas tube hole drilled)
-14.5" cmmg LW profile barrel
-micro gas block
-C-More sight

-Mike
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 6:36:54 PM EST

Originally Posted By mjmjr1312:
this is a range rifle only and is not intended for self defense or SHTF so I am not worried about flash suppression.

Why do you want/need a comp? Faster follow-up shots? If you don't really need a comp, a plain muzzle, muzzle nut or A1 or A2 flash hider would be lighter than either option.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 6:41:42 PM EST
[Last Edit: 6/4/2008 6:45:10 PM EST by mjmjr1312]

Originally Posted By Essayons:

this is a range rifle only and is not intended for self defense or SHTF so I am not worried about flash suppression.

Why do you want/need a comp? Faster follow-up shots? If you don't really need a comp, a plain muzzle, muzzle nut or A1 or A2 flash hider would be lighter than either option.

using a 14.5" barrel, I know a muzzle device might add a little weight but it shouldn't be much more than the extra 1.5" of barrel.

so the main purpose would be faster time back on target

-Mike
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 6:51:49 PM EST
The FSC556 JUST works soo well.

I have tested a bunch of comps on my uppers, and the FSC556 works best IMO, and it helps reduce flash signature also.
Heck if you WANT a nice and big flash for good pictures, get a DNTC brake (previous version of the FSC556, but it makes for a good 2-3foot flame out of the rifle is the light is right., but makes for almost ZERO muzzlejump during rapidfire.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 8:52:25 PM EST
cooley
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 9:13:48 AM EST

Originally Posted By Essayons:

using a 14.5" barrel, I know a muzzle device might add a little weight but it shouldn't be much more than the extra 1.5" of barrel.

so the main purpose would be faster time back on target

-Mike

I have a PRI/MSTN Quiet Comp on a rifle built around an Rock Creek/ABS barrel for that reason. The Quiet Comp hepls keep my ACOG's reticle on target, but it's WAY louder than a plain muzzle or Vortex--especially if the muzzle is anywhere near a wall or other vertical surface. The first time I shot it, I only had plugs in and it wasn't enough.
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 9:32:34 AM EST
PWS FSC556 all the way.

Flash Suppression Comparrison:

A2

FSC556

It doesn't weigh much more than an A2 and is the same length as a Phantom for those 14.5" barrels

Enjoy...
Top Top