Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/4/2008 7:31:44 PM EDT
I am getting ready to order the last of the parts for my LW upper and I have narrowed it down to a bennie cooley comp or a fsc 556 and I cannot make up my mind.  this is a range rifle only and is not intended for self defense or SHTF so I am not worried about flash suppression.  I do not know how big the bennie cooley brake is so I dont know if it would fit poorly on a .625" barrel that i am using.  

bennie cooley comp

FSC556

here is the setup so far
-CavArms yellow lower and m4 guard
-RRA 9mm slickside upper (going to get the gas tube hole drilled)
-14.5" cmmg LW profile barrel
-micro gas block
-C-More sight

-Mike
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 7:36:54 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
this is a range rifle only and is not intended for self defense or SHTF so I am not worried about flash suppression.

Why do you want/need a comp?  Faster follow-up shots?  If you don't really need a comp, a plain muzzle, muzzle nut or A1 or A2 flash hider would be lighter than either option.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 7:41:42 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:
this is a range rifle only and is not intended for self defense or SHTF so I am not worried about flash suppression.

Why do you want/need a comp?  Faster follow-up shots?  If you don't really need a comp, a plain muzzle, muzzle nut or A1 or A2 flash hider would be lighter than either option.

using a 14.5" barrel, I know a muzzle device might add a little weight but it shouldn't be much more than the extra 1.5" of barrel.  

so the main purpose would be faster time back on target

-Mike
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 7:51:49 PM EDT
[#3]
The FSC556 JUST works soo well.

I have tested a bunch of comps on my uppers, and the FSC556 works best IMO, and it helps reduce flash signature also.
Heck if you WANT a nice and big flash for good pictures, get a DNTC brake (previous version of the FSC556, but it makes for a good 2-3foot flame out of the rifle is the light is right., but makes for almost ZERO muzzlejump during rapidfire.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 9:52:25 PM EDT
[#4]
cooley
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 10:13:48 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

using a 14.5" barrel, I know a muzzle device might add a little weight but it shouldn't be much more than the extra 1.5" of barrel.  

so the main purpose would be faster time back on target

-Mike

I have a PRI/MSTN Quiet Comp on a rifle built around an Rock Creek/ABS barrel for that reason.  The Quiet Comp hepls keep my ACOG's reticle on target, but it's WAY louder than a plain muzzle or Vortex--especially if the muzzle is anywhere near a wall or other vertical surface.  The first time I shot it, I only had plugs in and it wasn't enough.
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 10:32:34 AM EDT
[#6]
PWS FSC556 all the way.

Flash Suppression Comparrison:

A2

FSC556

It doesn't weigh much more than an A2 and is the same length as a Phantom for those 14.5" barrels

Enjoy...
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top