Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/10/2013 10:13:24 PM EDT
hey ive searching around i notice 40 inch pounds of torque is required for the castle nut. i tightened mine by hand then used the wrench and just gave it a lil tap and the staked it. just out of curiosity how much torque would it take to actually break the part where the buffer tube screws into on a 7075-t6 forged receiver?
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 10:24:23 PM EDT
[#1]
You already asked this a week or so ago.

here

We want to help you out as much as we can but you really need to do a lot of reading and not worry so much about what if problems. your rifle is fine. You would have to put a lot of torque to break the lower way more than is needed to secure it.
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 10:42:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 1:13:40 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

here

We want to help you out as much as we can but you really need to do a lot of reading and not worry so much about what if problems. your rifle is fine. You would have to put a lot of torque to break the lower way more than is needed to secure it.
View Quote

this guy again????

I answered your question in your LAST post concerning the SAME subject.  at this point im going to flat out say you have no business assembling lego's, much less a firearm.
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 1:33:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
40 foot pounds, not inch pounds.
And agreed on the first reply.
View Quote

40 ft-lbs is only for a fixed stock receiver extension. The correct torque for the castle nut is 40 inch pounds.
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 1:42:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

40 ft-lbs is only for a fixed stock receiver extension. The correct torque for the castle nut is 40 inch pounds.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

wrong.  it has been corrected by colt and armalite both.  40in lbs is barely finger pressure, and was admitted to be a typo by both companies.

I already mentioned this in the other thread that was linked in.

FORTY PLUS OR MINUS TWO FOOT POUNDS IS THE CURRENT SPEC, ANYTHING ELSE IS A TYPO OR FLAT OUR WRONG.
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 1:50:10 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

this guy again????

I answered your question in your LAST post concerning the SAME subject.  at this point im going to flat out say you have no business assembling lego's, much less a firearm.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

here

this guy again????

Word. Don't know if hes trolling or just inept.
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 2:11:20 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

here

this guy again????

20 bucks says he asks the same question next week...  
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 3:58:30 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

wrong.  it has been corrected by colt and armalite both.  40in lbs is barely finger pressure, and was admitted to be a typo by both companies.

FORTY PLUS OR MINUS TWO FOOT POUNDS IS THE CURRENT SPEC, ANYTHING ELSE IS A TYPO OR FLAT OUR WRONG.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I guess I was wrong. I was just going by the technical manual I have, I didn't know it was a typo. Thanks for the correction.
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 5:24:42 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

here

this guy again????

This may get this thread locked but it belongs in GD any way.  Im not sure he will ask the same question but I am sure he will ask some full retard question about his rifle that may or most likely not will ever be a problem or some question like this about how much lube would hurt his gun or some shit even though he dosent lube it to much and it has runs flawless. Or some question that has been aske an answered 1000 time or is in the FAQ. But most of all he will waste the bandwidth  an time of Arfcom.
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 5:51:55 AM EDT
[#10]
Is this the same one that you used the red loctite on?  You never come back to your threads and follow up.

Link Posted: 9/11/2013 7:52:28 AM EDT
[#11]
To much hate in this thread. Need a Mod.
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 1:19:19 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Is this the same one that you used the red loctite on?  You never come back to your threads and follow up.

View Quote

Link Posted: 9/11/2013 2:13:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
To much hate in this thread. Need a Mod.
View Quote

No kidding. A few of you need to slither back to GD. This is a tech forum.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top