Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 9/10/2013 10:13:24 PM EDT
hey ive searching around i notice 40 inch pounds of torque is required for the castle nut. i tightened mine by hand then used the wrench and just gave it a lil tap and the staked it. just out of curiosity how much torque would it take to actually break the part where the buffer tube screws into on a 7075-t6 forged receiver?
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 10:24:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/10/2013 10:28:23 PM EDT by shuffel556]
You already asked this a week or so ago.

here

We want to help you out as much as we can but you really need to do a lot of reading and not worry so much about what if problems. your rifle is fine. You would have to put a lot of torque to break the lower way more than is needed to secure it.
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 10:42:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/10/2013 10:43:40 PM EDT by TREETOP]
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 1:13:40 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/11/2013 1:23:34 AM EDT by thepinkmist]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By shuffel556:

here

We want to help you out as much as we can but you really need to do a lot of reading and not worry so much about what if problems. your rifle is fine. You would have to put a lot of torque to break the lower way more than is needed to secure it.
View Quote

this guy again????

I answered your question in your LAST post concerning the SAME subject.  at this point im going to flat out say you have no business assembling lego's, much less a firearm.
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 1:33:04 AM EDT
Originally Posted By TREETOP:
40 foot pounds, not inch pounds.
And agreed on the first reply.
View Quote

40 ft-lbs is only for a fixed stock receiver extension. The correct torque for the castle nut is 40 inch pounds.
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 1:42:58 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/11/2013 1:56:37 AM EDT by thepinkmist]
Originally Posted By ledesma132000:

40 ft-lbs is only for a fixed stock receiver extension. The correct torque for the castle nut is 40 inch pounds.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

wrong.  it has been corrected by colt and armalite both.  40in lbs is barely finger pressure, and was admitted to be a typo by both companies.

I already mentioned this in the other thread that was linked in.

FORTY PLUS OR MINUS TWO FOOT POUNDS IS THE CURRENT SPEC, ANYTHING ELSE IS A TYPO OR FLAT OUR WRONG.
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 1:50:10 AM EDT
Originally Posted By thepinkmist:

this guy again????

I answered your question in your LAST post concerning the SAME subject.  at this point im going to flat out say you have no business assembling lego's, much less a firearm.
View All Quotes

here

this guy again????

Word. Don't know if hes trolling or just inept.
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 2:11:20 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/11/2013 2:14:10 AM EDT by thepinkmist]

View All Quotes

here

this guy again????

20 bucks says he asks the same question next week...  
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 3:58:30 AM EDT

wrong.  it has been corrected by colt and armalite both.  40in lbs is barely finger pressure, and was admitted to be a typo by both companies.

FORTY PLUS OR MINUS TWO FOOT POUNDS IS THE CURRENT SPEC, ANYTHING ELSE IS A TYPO OR FLAT OUR WRONG.
View All Quotes

I guess I was wrong. I was just going by the technical manual I have, I didn't know it was a typo. Thanks for the correction.
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 5:24:42 AM EDT

View All Quotes

here

this guy again????

This may get this thread locked but it belongs in GD any way.  Im not sure he will ask the same question but I am sure he will ask some full retard question about his rifle that may or most likely not will ever be a problem or some question like this about how much lube would hurt his gun or some shit even though he dosent lube it to much and it has runs flawless. Or some question that has been aske an answered 1000 time or is in the FAQ. But most of all he will waste the bandwidth  an time of Arfcom.
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 5:51:55 AM EDT
Is this the same one that you used the red loctite on?  You never come back to your threads and follow up.

Link Posted: 9/11/2013 7:52:28 AM EDT
To much hate in this thread. Need a Mod.
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 1:19:19 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Alaska511:
Is this the same one that you used the red loctite on?  You never come back to your threads and follow up.

View Quote

Link Posted: 9/11/2013 2:13:14 PM EDT
Originally Posted By j3_:
To much hate in this thread. Need a Mod.
View Quote

No kidding. A few of you need to slither back to GD. This is a tech forum.
Top Top