Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/30/2004 7:12:25 AM EDT
I've been on the hunt for a Bushmaster lower with no luck.  They are out everywhere it seems.  

So anyways, my questions is:  which lower has the closest finish to a bushmaster upper and where can I get one?  

Thanks!

Link Posted: 9/30/2004 7:23:07 AM EDT
[#1]
Bushmaster doesn't even do a good job of matching Bushmaster uppers.  Pretty much anybody except DPMS (they use a teflon finish over the HCA) will be close.  The only way to be sure is to go to a large shop or gunshow and pick the upper that looks closest to your lower.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 7:25:17 AM EDT
[#2]
Colt is probably the closest to the Bushy finish IMO, but my old Bushy upper was mounted on RRA, Colt and DPMS lowers and operated just fine on 'em all. (of course I'm not one of those anal retentive folks who buy rifles to look at and I don't care what the heck it looks like as long as it's accurate and goes bang ever time I pull the trigger.... )

Mike
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 8:04:37 AM EDT
[#3]
FWIW I put a RRA upper on a Bushy lower, and I can't see any color difference.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 8:09:35 AM EDT
[#4]
thanx for all the help!  i guess i am a little anal about it.  i DO want them to match, at least close.  but you are right mike, as long as it's accurate and goes bang every time (not BOOM!) i should be happy.   hink
Hoplophile, i'm in a nice small town called Grayson, KY.  there really aren't any gun shows around.  i don't wanna have to drive 2+ hours to catch one, so i really don't catch many...

thanx again all!
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 1:13:15 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
FWIW I put a RRA upper on a Bushy lower, and I can't see any color difference.

+1
They look like they were made for each other.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 12:07:38 PM EDT
[#6]
My RRA upper (got mine from RB Precision) is really close, I can't really see the color difference.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top