Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 7/20/2008 12:10:23 PM EDT
Where do you carry your AR in your truck, location and or type of gun rack.
Thanks
Boswell
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 12:13:23 PM EDT
Local gun laws dictate.

Some states don't care put in in the passanger seat locked and loaded. ie: SD

Other states require it be cased FL & SC

some require it be in a locked case (I think Ill. is like this)

Others requrie it not be in the cab and in a case.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 12:44:08 PM EDT
I use a bed mounted 10ga steel toolbox that is alarmed. The box has cross latches that open with the alarm keyfob. Even if you smash a window and get in the cab, there is not any switch to open the box. I have a backup tubular key in a recess in case I lose power.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 5:00:09 PM EDT
There are no restrictions on carrying long guns while driving in TX. But the answer is, nowhere. My truck gun is a stainless Mini-14 with folding stock. Stainless means no rust worries. Mini means if I get broken into, I don't lose one of my ARs. Folding stock means it'll fit into nooks that even a sixteen inch AR with collapsing stock won't.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 5:24:33 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Uni-Vibe:
There are no restrictions on carrying long guns while driving in TX. But the answer is, nowhere. My truck gun is a stainless Mini-14 with folding stock. Stainless means no rust worries. Mini means if I get broken into, I don't lose one of my ARs. Folding stock means it'll fit into nooks that even a sixteen inch AR with collapsing stock won't.

I've got the same setup as UniVibe. A short barrel Mini 14 ss with folding stock. I carry mine in the back end of my Tahoe. Its in the short case, covered with a black towel along with a mag pouch with 4 loaded 30 rounders. Just in case.
Top Top