Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/20/2008 12:10:23 PM EDT
Where do you carry your AR in your truck, location and or type of gun rack.
Thanks
Boswell
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 12:13:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Local gun laws dictate.

Some states don't care put in in the passanger seat locked and loaded.  ie: SD

Other states require it be cased FL & SC

some require it be in a locked case (I think Ill. is like this)

Others requrie it not be in the cab and in a case.  
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 12:44:08 PM EDT
[#2]
I use a bed mounted 10ga steel toolbox that is alarmed.  The box has cross latches that open with the alarm  keyfob.  Even if you smash a window and get in the cab, there is not any switch to open the box.  I have a backup tubular key in a recess in case I lose power.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 5:00:09 PM EDT
[#3]
There are no restrictions on carrying long guns while driving in TX.  But the answer is, nowhere.  My truck gun is a stainless Mini-14 with folding stock.  Stainless means no rust worries.  Mini means if I get broken into, I don't lose one of my ARs.  Folding stock means it'll fit into nooks that even a sixteen inch AR with collapsing stock won't.  
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 5:24:33 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
There are no restrictions on carrying long guns while driving in TX.  But the answer is, nowhere.  My truck gun is a stainless Mini-14 with folding stock.  Stainless means no rust worries.  Mini means if I get broken into, I don't lose one of my ARs.  Folding stock means it'll fit into nooks that even a sixteen inch AR with collapsing stock won't.  

I've got the same setup as UniVibe. A short barrel Mini 14 ss with folding stock. I carry mine in the back end of my Tahoe. Its in the short case, covered with a black towel along with a mag pouch with 4 loaded 30 rounders. Just in case.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top