Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/27/2005 2:03:16 PM EDT
I want to sell my bushmaster M-4 upper but really have no idea how much to ask for it.  If you guys could help I would be thrilled.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v26/asarjip/m4.jpg

I have shot probably 600 rounds through it and always keep it very clean.  It comes with bolt and charging handle.  The muzzle brake is the Bushy mini-y comp.

thanks !!
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 2:14:03 PM EDT
[#1]
It looks to be a neutered A2, with a M4 profile barrel. Might be worth something to someone in a commie state.

Bushmaster's MSRP is 570 for that, used I'd call 350-400ish, to the right person. It's value is not what you mark the price at, it's what your buyer is willing to pay for it.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 2:14:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Postban- a strike against you.

Y Comp- another strike

A2 upper- 3rd strike

I would take a hard look at selling to in a state that is still AWB ruled.  You will take a beating selling it to a free state, and are probably looking at $350. Other people might have a different guess on it.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 2:20:56 PM EDT
[#3]
I assume you mean complete upper with bolt and bolt carrier.

Look at what Bushmaster charges then deduct 20% from that.
That number will be what you can get one for through a web site or dealer.
Then I would deduct at least another 10 if not 20% for it being used and there will be your price. With out the B/C Group need to deduct another $100.00

Know one will believe that it only has 600 rounds. Used is used.
I have found that to put a number like 600 is kinda misleading.
Just say nice condition used upper for sale This sound honest and fair.
Then if someone wants to know how many rounds been through it they can ask.

Last but not least post this where it belongs the EE

Link Posted: 8/27/2005 3:38:33 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Look at what Bushmaster charges then deduct 20% from that.
That number will be what you can get one for through a web site or dealer.
Then I would deduct at least another 10 if not 20% for it being used and there will be your price. With out the B/C Group need to deduct another $100.00

He's not offering it for sale, he's just asking what it would be worth. If it turns into a for-sale ad the penguin will most likely grab it and move it, he does that sort of thing.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 3:46:22 PM EDT
[#5]
I just sold a complete bushmaster A3 flattop upper receiver with 14.5 inch barrel, phantom flashhider, bayonet lug, bolt, bolt carrier, and chargin handle for $400 shipped on the EE.  And it took a little while to do that.

So I would say yours is worth maybe $325.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 4:16:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Tree fitty...
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 4:24:05 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Postban- a strike against you.

Y Comp- another strike

A2 upper- 3rd strike

I would take a hard look at selling to in a state that is still AWB ruled.  You will take a beating selling it to a free state, and are probably looking at $350. Other people might have a different guess on it.

+1

The desireability or lack their of for this setup is what hits you.  350 is a good figure for those in not so gun friendly states.

Max
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 4:37:21 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

yes it does include bolt and carrier

ouch.... hehehe.
Sounds like about 350 to 325.  Thanks a bunch guys, its nice to have such a knowledgable group to count on for help.

Link Posted: 8/27/2005 5:52:22 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

yes it does include bolt and carrier

ouch....   hehehe.    I see your point although 600 is an honest number since I have 400 rounds left from a 1000 round case.  I did want to post this in the EE section but only after I had learned from you bunch of really cool guys first.

Sounds like about 350 to 325.  Thanks a bunch guys, its nice to have such a knowledgable group to count on for help.

If you cant get it sold at $350 complete, I am sure you could sell just the upper for $250 and the bolt and bolt carrier for maybe $95 and the charging handle for $10.  As long as you state they are all Bushmaster straight from Bushmaster.  You might be able to get more that way.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 6:20:18 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I want to sell my bushmaster M-4 upper but really have no idea how much to ask for it.  If you guys could help I would be thrilled.

img.photobucket.com/albums/v26/asarjip/m4.jpg

I have shot probably 600 rounds through it and always keep it very clean.  It comes with bolt and charging handle.  The muzzle brake is the Bushy mini-y comp.

thanks !!

Keep it as a spare/project upper and shoot the shit out of it. You're gonna take a beating if you sell it.

Link Posted: 8/27/2005 7:07:09 PM EDT
[#11]
As a CT person, I'd say $350 complete.

- BG
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 7:48:43 PM EDT
[#12]
I'd be interested if it had a flashhider.

I don't see A2 being a strike. I like A2's. Personally anyways. No bayo lug is fine to...they don't work on carbines anyways.

If it just had a FH.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 11:39:43 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I'd be interested if it had a flashhider.

I don't see A2 being a strike. I like A2's. Personally anyways. No bayo lug is fine to...they don't work on carbines anyways.

If it just had a FH.

It is the principle behind the matter.  Yeah yeah, none of us are going bayonetting any time soon but, being in CT, its just another thing to brighten a day if you have a preban.

- BG
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 11:52:56 PM EDT
[#14]
300-350 w/ bcg
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 3:46:43 AM EDT
[#15]
I would keep it.  I have sold 2 complete ar-15s and parts/accesories for way less than they were worth to friends, along with about 5-7 other firearms.  I have regreted the move ever since, but at the time i needed the money.  If you need the money like i did, take out a small loan or get a part time job as a pizza delivery boy.  keep all guns and parts for your own use, that way you can get your money out of them.

I personally like the upper, but the brake on it is loud as hell.  Some people like that though...

I say shoot it until the barrel is shot out, then replace the barrel for a better one that doesn't have anything permenantly installed.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 5:24:48 AM EDT
[#16]
I would sell them seperately.  $300 for the upper and $125 for the B/BC/CH.  Try it out in the EE for a week, you might get a good offer it.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 8:17:35 AM EDT
[#17]
Keep it and install a new barrel?
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top