Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/27/2004 8:52:31 AM EDT
This might be the wrong board to post in, but here goes; I have a Bushmaster 20" SS A3, I would like to improve my trigger for smoother shooting and easier pull. Which would be the best way to go? Is McCormick or a Jewel trigger better? Currently I have just the stock Bushmaster trigger.  Thnaks form a new AR owner...
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 8:58:21 AM EDT
[#1]
I'd get a RRA 2-stage trigger and have it tuned by John Holliger at White Oak Precision.

Link Posted: 10/27/2004 9:08:09 AM EDT
[#2]
While the WO trigger is a good one, I have a Jewell 2-stage in my long range AR, set at about 2# and it's sweet......., I highly recommend them, (ps- ya can set them for any weight ya want).

I also have RRA Nat'l Match 2-stage, (non-WO tuned, about 4.5# IIRC), it ain't bad either....

Mike

added: here's a link which might interest ya: www.sargenthome.com/15_Minute_AR_Trigger_Job.htm, I've modified a couple using this method and it beats the heck outta what your pulling on now.....
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 9:14:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Depends what your looking for. For plinking, target, gps you will be hard pressed to beat the JP for quality and flexibility. For long range, benchrest , I'm anal about accuracy kind of work the 2 stage rules. Of these the Jewel, well, it's a jewel. I can't absolutely say it's the best ever, but I doubt there is any better in its class. Remember that more often than not, you get what you pay for.
Unless your a thief!
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 9:52:47 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the info...I was leaning towards a "jewel" (sorry the caps lock got turned on his
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 4:11:46 PM EDT
[#5]
This is probably a stupid question herehis
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 6:04:45 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I'd get a RRA 2-stage trigger and have it tuned by John Holliger at White Oak Precision.

+1,000,000
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 6:20:49 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Excellent suggestion

or

KAC
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 9:27:20 PM EDT
[#8]
If you're benchrest or varmint shooting then Jewel is the way to go brother. The tuned RRA is a nice economy trigger, but were talking Ferrarri vs. Camaro here.

Joe. Jewel is a brand of triggers and he does more than just ARs. $200 is a fair price. It's hard to find then for much less than that

Link Posted: 10/27/2004 11:09:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Jewell.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 3:29:29 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
This is probably a stupid question but here goes anyway, is a jewel trigger a spefic brand or is it a specfic type of trigger with differnet manufacturers I got a price for one locally installed $200 is this a good price

As noted above it's a specific brand, and Georgia Precision Shooter's Supply (find them on the Industry forum) IS the place to buy one, their cheaper than anywhere else I've found and Tommy generally has these triggers in stock for quick shippin......

Mike
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 2:38:32 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
If you're benchrest or varmint shooting then Jewel is the way to go brother. The tuned RRA is a nice economy trigger, but were talking Ferrarri vs. Camaro here.

Joe. Jewel is a brand of triggers and he does more than just ARs. $200 is a fair price. It's hard to find then for much less than that

I beg to differ. The RRA has done more at Camp Perry than Jewel. The RRA is simplicity at its finest, and John Holliger works wonders with it.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 3:17:17 AM EDT
[#12]
Who is the best to sell the trigger kit and install
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 5:08:43 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Who is the best to sell the trigger kit and install

Best price I gave ya above as to the installation, they come with easy to understand instructions and this is really not a difficult procedure. Perhaps one of your TN AR15.com buds can lend ya a hand....

Or ya could incoporate the instructions for the 15 minute trigger job above to tune your current one so that when your Jewell comes you'll be more confident in doing it yourself. Just a thought.  

Mike
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top