Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/25/2005 5:53:44 AM EDT
No I am not nuts but I was just asking myself if all the parts you can buy in green will match with each other.
Is the grenn of a Vltor stock the same as the Tango-down green or the Magpul green...just for an exempel.
What are the experiance you made ?
If you could post a pic would to "show" what you mean would this be great.

Thank you.
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 8:02:56 AM EDT
[#1]
At first most of the parts makers were using their own version of  green or tan.  After finding that the public didn't want different colored weapons, they have started to colors that match each other.

I do not have a list of which company parts match the others, but I think it would be a great idea if someone wrote such a list up.

How are you guys doing with the election?  Will gun laws get any better?
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 10:36:15 AM EDT
[#2]
From what I've seen, the elections didn't get much accomplished,  a big rift in politics.  

Anyways, back to green.  I feel that Armalite green and Rock river green are the same green.
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 12:32:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Yeah such a list would be nice woch green or tan matches with others...good idea.
So you belife that all the current colors will match ???

@Stick:

Well...about the election...BOHICA ! Nothing to say about it. The east-germans voted by 25% for the old Commie party who build the wall 40 years ago...heThe bad thing was that on the day when they planed to make a realy soft gun-law, a guy shot 16 teathers and kids in a school.
And I have to say that the left-wing-secretary of the interior , who was a former RAF (Red-army-fraction/german tangos in the `70s) lawyer turned around 180 and stayed cool and calm about the gunlaws.
Still no fullauto and for sure never will.
Rifles with 10rd only mags...but AR/AK/HK as long as it has a 16´75 barrel...no prob.
I can almost own as many guns as I want...allmost...I just need a reason for it...of cource other then selfdefense.
It could be much worse, much worse.
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 12:53:03 PM EDT
[#4]
I believe that most current colors will match, or be very close to matching.

Some of our states have gotten horrible with our gun laws, but most are still decent.  I carry the same AR15 as a city police officer as I could own as a citizen, with the sme 30 round magazines.  Most of our states allow you to own as many weapon as you want, without having to give a reason.  

Wasn't that school shooting the one where he made a lot of head shots?
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 2:33:57 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Anyways, back to green.  I feel that Armalite green and Rock river green are the same green.

Stay away from the Rock River A2 buttstock.  I don't know what color they think it is, but it's not green.  When I e-mailed them to tell them of my disappointment with their product, I was told, "Unfortunately there are different dye lots, and every batch is a little different.  Some times they are a little gray."  When I asked if they could hand-pick one that was green, I was told "As much as we would like to, we cannot guarantee and exact color match. If you want to send us one of the parts you do like the color of, we can go through them and try to find a stock that is "more green", but it will still not be an exact match."

The green on the Calvary Arms stock is perfect, but I don't like the buttplate.  It's a soft rubber, so you can't tighten down the screw that holds the rear sling loop enough to keep it from moving.
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 2:39:26 PM EDT
[#6]
VLTOR, KAC and Tango Down green all match very well.

The Hogue grip is close.

Here's my green AR to show you, it has VLTOR stock, KAC panels, TD VFG.

Link Posted: 9/25/2005 3:21:09 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Stay away from the Rock River A2 buttstock.  

Good point, I have a RRA "green" buttstock that isn't anything close to green, and looks like a bad charcoal gray color.  Its not a big deal, one of these days I'll coat it with Norrells in tan or a real OD Green, but it certainly is NOT what was ordered.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 7:34:02 AM EDT
[#8]
THAT is the typ of pic I like to see very nice. ! What about the Magpul M93B ?

@Stick: what is that "Norrells" stuff you wrote about ????
As for the law stuff I send you a PM...little off poppic
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 3:22:19 AM EDT
[#9]
I built a Cav Arms lower and bought the M4 handguard to match the tan stock.  There is a noticable color difference even though Cav Arms made both.  Guess you pays your money and takes your chances.  Different runs on different days will result in slightly different colors so you will never get a perfect match except by chance.  Paint is the only way to be color matched.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 8:23:31 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
THAT is the typ of pic I like to see very nice. ! What about the Magpul M93B ?

@Stick: what is that "Norrells" stuff you wrote about ????
As for the law stuff I send you a PM...little off poppic

I got your PM, I am that same Stickman of which you speak, and I accidently deleted your message when I tried to reply.  That shooting ends up as simiular to one of ours in many ways.

Regarding the Norrells, I wrote up a guide on how to use it, which can be found here.... Norrells Refinishing Guide  Let me know if you've got any questions, or if I can help with anything.

Here is a picture I just took for a friend, this is one of his AR15s that I refinished in Norrells OD Green.  All items, including the furniture started life as black standard AR15 parts.

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top