Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 7/26/2005 5:53:38 PM EDT
I was in the U.S. Army for several years, and had gone without a firearm since I have been out. Recently I decided that I need to be ready for the unknown, SHTF, or stray jihadist, and an AR-15 is clearly the way to go. The wife did not even object, how great is that!

This is the rifle that I selected, the RRA LE TASC.

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b17/forgiver/2a52c83e.jpg

I was looking for an A2 type rifle that would be completely reliable and be able to live up to the capabilities of the M16A2 that I carried in the Army (minus the burst fire). The 20" barrel was a bit too long for the home defense role so I opted for this RRA TASC with a 16" barrel. It has the finest fit and finish of any M16/AR-15 type rifle that I have ever carried or fired. It has about 300 rounds through it with no failures of any kind. I am expecting a delivery of 1000 rounds of XM193 shortly, so things are looking good.

The RRA TASC cost me $740.00 and was a really good deal in my opinion. For those trying to decide on either RRA or some other manufacturer, rest assured that the RRA products are top notch.

Some interesting points...

-Using standard 25 meter zeroing procedures, the 7-8-9th rounds were touching on the paper dead-on COM.

-No failures or defects of any kind.

-My wife hit a 10"x10" target, at 50 meters, with 18 of her first 20 rounds. That was the first time that she ever shot a firearm in her life. She also was given some further training on how to operate the weapon, and feels confident that she could use it if required.

-The two-stage trigger is EXCELLENT!

I could not be happier with the RRA LE TASC.

I also want to say that I have been browsing the ar15.com site and message boards for a while now, and I am very pleased to find a community that is overflowing with so much expert advice and interesting discussion.

Forgiver
Link Posted: 7/26/2005 6:10:50 PM EDT
First off, welcome aboard. A very good first post if I may add.

Congrats on the rifle. RRA is a very good company and you got yourself a good rifle there.

Happy shooting.
Link Posted: 7/26/2005 10:01:37 PM EDT
Welcome aboard. Nice rifle. You got a great deal as well
Link Posted: 7/26/2005 10:13:19 PM EDT
I was wondering, what's the difference between the TASC and the regular 16'' A2? They look the same in the photos. Any info would be appreciated.

Couch-Commando
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 2:54:35 AM EDT
1st welcome to the boards, 2nd you picked a fine rifle,
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 6:28:49 AM EDT
Couch-Commando:

Other than the 16" barrel on the LE TASC, there are no significant differences between it and a standard A2.

Note also that even though the rifle I purchased is an "LE" it is not marked as such. RRA have apparently dropped the "LE" from the TASC rifle altogether.

Thanks for all the kind greetings!
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 5:14:50 PM EDT
forgiver -

I'm looking for a RRA TASC rifle or Upper right now. Where did you buy yours? Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 9:18:21 AM EDT
The TASC has a lockable windage and elevation rear sight. The CAR A2 has a standard rear sight.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 8:06:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/13/2005 8:07:26 PM EDT by forgiver]
RC51_Texas, I purchased mine from "Hit And Run Guns" in Norcross GA. Their phone number is 770-908-2425.

The TASC has a lockable windage and elevation rear sight. The CAR A2 has a standard rear sight.

You are correct on that point argussupply.

Now for an update...

Took the rifle to a range and fired 200 rounds of the LC XM193 that I posted about here. This ammo performed flawlessly and was a head-turner at the range. Also fired were some Wolf and Remington UMC. All functioned flawlessly.

What I have noticed, though, is that my rounds are hitting 4-5" high at 75-100 yards. When I had initially zeroed the rifle I used the standard Army 25M zero procedures and target, but forgot to click one past 300M in the rear elevation knob. I am going re-zero with the Improved Battlesight Zero which should remedy that problem. A scope would help too...
Top Top