Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/26/2005 5:53:38 PM EDT
I was in the U.S. Army for several years, and had gone without a firearm since I have been out.  Recently I decided that I need to be ready for the unknown, SHTF, or stray jihadist, and an AR-15 is clearly the way to go.  The wife did not even object, how great is that!

This is the rifle that I selected, the RRA LE TASC.

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b17/forgiver/2a52c83e.jpg

I was looking for an A2 type rifle that would be completely reliable and be able to live up to the capabilities of the M16A2 that I carried in the Army (minus the burst fire).  The 20" barrel was a bit too long for the home defense role so I opted for this RRA TASC with a 16" barrel.  It has the finest fit and finish of any M16/AR-15 type rifle that I have ever carried or fired.  It has about 300 rounds through it with no failures of any kind.  I am expecting a delivery of 1000 rounds of XM193 shortly, so things are looking good.

The RRA TASC cost me $740.00 and was a really good deal in my opinion.  For those trying to decide on either RRA or some other manufacturer, rest assured that the RRA products are top notch.

Some interesting points...

-Using standard 25 meter zeroing procedures, the 7-8-9th rounds were touching on the paper dead-on COM.

-No failures or defects of any kind.

-My wife hit a 10"x10" target, at 50 meters, with 18 of her first 20 rounds.  That was the first time that she ever shot a firearm in her life.  She also was given some further training on how to operate the weapon, and feels confident that she could use it if required.

-The two-stage trigger is EXCELLENT!

I could not be happier with the RRA LE TASC.

I also want to say that I have been browsing the ar15.com site and message boards for a while now, and I am very pleased to find a community that is overflowing with so much expert advice and interesting discussion.

Forgiver
Link Posted: 7/26/2005 6:10:50 PM EDT
[#1]
First off, welcome aboard. A very good first post if I may add.

Congrats on the rifle. RRA is a very good company and you got yourself a good rifle there.

Happy shooting.
Link Posted: 7/26/2005 10:01:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Welcome aboard. Nice rifle. You got a great deal as well
Link Posted: 7/26/2005 10:13:19 PM EDT
[#3]
I was wondering,  what's the difference between the TASC and the regular 16'' A2?  They look the same in the photos.  Any info would be appreciated.

Couch-Commando
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 2:54:35 AM EDT
[#4]
1st welcome to the boards, 2nd you picked a fine rifle,
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 6:28:49 AM EDT
[#5]
Couch-Commando:

Other than the 16" barrel on the LE TASC, there are no significant differences between it and a standard A2.

Note also that even though the rifle I purchased is an "LE" it is not marked as such.  RRA have apparently dropped the "LE" from the TASC rifle altogether.

Thanks for all the kind greetings!  
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 5:14:50 PM EDT
[#6]
forgiver -

I'm looking for a RRA TASC rifle or Upper right now.  Where did you buy yours?  Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 9:18:21 AM EDT
[#7]
The TASC has a lockable windage and elevation rear sight.  The CAR A2 has a standard rear sight.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 8:06:40 PM EDT
[#8]
RC51_Texas, I purchased mine from "Hit And Run Guns" in Norcross GA.  Their phone number is 770-908-2425.

The TASC has a lockable windage and elevation rear sight. The CAR A2 has a standard rear sight.

You are correct on that point argussupply.

Now for an update...

Took the rifle to a range and fired 200 rounds of the LC XM193 that I posted about here.  This ammo performed flawlessly and was a head-turner at the range.  Also fired were some Wolf and Remington UMC.  All functioned flawlessly.

What I have noticed, though, is that my rounds are hitting 4-5" high at 75-100 yards.  When I had initially zeroed the rifle I used the standard Army 25M zero procedures and target, but forgot to click one past 300M in the rear elevation knob. I am going re-zero with the Improved Battlesight Zero which should remedy that problem.  A scope would help too...
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top