Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 10/1/2004 3:49:42 PM EST
Does anyone have any experience with SureFire rails? I understand that there were some issues with their early production, such as rails out of spec, flashing between groves, etc. The price seems reasonable. I have also been looking at LaRue and Daniel Defense, both of which look very nice.

Was looking for a rail system that wouldn't require me to remove the front sight, that I could do at home. Your views would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 2:33:31 PM EST
I have had absolutely no issues with one(very early production). Rails were in spec and finish was great! sturdy and has held up fine with some use.

If money is a big issue, and all you want is something for a VertGrip and light, get the SureFire. If you don't want to remove the front sight, and want more rail realestate, Troy Industries makes a great product. LaRue makes outstanding product as well, but it is my understanding that the front sight needs to be removed for installation. I have no experience with DD rails.

good luck
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 3:18:47 PM EST
Thanks for your input. I figure that if their rail systems are as good as their lights, they just might have a winner........
Top Top