Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 9/4/2008 8:16:56 PM EDT
I've never used an AR-15 much less built one before but I'm jumping into the deep end and building my first one from scratch. I purchased a stripped lower from my local FFL and have proceeded to do as much research as possible. My first piece arrived in the mail today and that was a lower parts kit from Stag Arms. After looking at everything and realizing I needed to make a run to the hardware store for some tools I began the build. When it was all said and done I played with the trigger a little bit. I've noticed when it's on Fire, and I pull the trigger there are two distinct breaks. I don't remember reading anywhere that this was a "2-stage trigger" lower parts kit and I can't even find a solo Stag 2-stage trigger for sale. So I'm wondering if either, A: Stag puts 2 stage triggers in their lower parts kits, B: I messed up royally on the install and I need to fix it, or C: I got lucky and Stag put a two stage trigger in this pack by accident.

Thanks
Link Posted: 9/5/2008 1:46:24 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/5/2008 11:39:16 AM EDT
Ok, well that makes more sense. I should add, I noticed the the first break can be felt even with the safety on. I'll give it a look this evening and figure out where I screwed up or what needs to be fixed.
Link Posted: 9/5/2008 5:01:29 PM EDT
Ok, I think I figured it out and it appears the problem is with the hammer. I'm going to try to post a pic here and you all can tell me if this is normal. What I took a shot of is the trigger catch

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o4/Yehaah/AR15/Hammer.jpg

You can see that it has a ridge inside. I think the business end of the trigger is resting deep in that pocket and when it slides past that first ridge I'm feeling that first break.

-OM
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 8:31:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/6/2008 8:33:40 PM EDT by PropDoc]
Top Top