Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 2/16/2006 9:42:43 PM EDT
Gents, I again need your suggestions. I am looking for a good single stage trigger that is going to be used for hunting. I will often be taking quick shots and feel the single stage would be more effective than a double stage. I have no idea who makes one, so please be patient with my questions.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 11:24:07 PM EDT
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 11:41:23 PM EDT
tag for what i hope to be great info
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 3:00:35 AM EDT
Spend time at the range so a second shot is not needed. If you cant kill it on your first shot you should not be in the woods with a rifle and you should not of taken the first shot in the first palce.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 4:19:24 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Gregory_K:
Spend time at the range so a second shot is not needed. If you cant kill it on your first shot you should not be in the woods with a rifle and you should not of taken the first shot in the first palce.

WTF!!

Who said anything about a second shot? SBF was asking for information about a good single-stage trigger, as opposed to a two-stage trigger. If you don't have anything productive to add....STFU.

That being said, check out the JARD non-adjustable single stage trigger.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 4:40:26 AM EDT
I'm curious.....why do you think a single stage will be more effective than a two stage. You can get off very quick shots with either style.

Personally, I like the McCormick triggers. You can find a better price than Brownell's if you poke around but supply seems to be down a bit as CMC makes some manufacturing changes.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 4:50:02 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Rabbit9:

WTF!!

Who said anything about a second shot? SBF was asking for information about a good single-stage trigger, as opposed to a two-stage trigger. If you don't have anything productive to add....STFU.

That being said, check out the JARD non-adjustable single stage trigger.

looks like 2 did not have there moring coffee.

JP for single stage, can be set up just the way you want it.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 6:56:43 AM EDT

Originally Posted By feral:
I'm curious.....why do you think a single stage will be more effective than a two stage. You can get off very quick shots with either style..

+1

You can shoot faster with a single stage, but at the detriment of accuracy. In any case, shots at game must always be aimed shots. IPSC-style bullet hosing is unethical.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 7:12:16 AM EDT
I didn't know I was going to get a lecture on hunting when I asked about a single stage trigger. For those who contributed to my questio, thank you.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 7:20:48 AM EDT

What if you are shooting at 2 animals (e.g., feral hogs) and need a second shot? I don't think he meant "spray and pray." He wants something quicker than a digital camera so a second shot is possible rather quickly.
Top Top