Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/16/2006 9:42:43 PM EDT
Gents, I again need your suggestions.  I am looking for a good single stage trigger that is going to be used for hunting.  I will often be taking quick shots and feel the single stage would be more effective than a double stage.  I have no idea who makes one, so please be patient with my questions.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 11:24:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 11:41:23 PM EDT
[#2]
tag for what i hope to be great info
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 3:00:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Spend time at the range so a second shot is not needed. If you cant kill it on your first shot you should not be in the woods with a rifle and you should not of taken the first shot in the first palce.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 4:19:24 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Spend time at the range so a second shot is not needed. If you cant kill it on your first shot you should not be in the woods with a rifle and you should not of taken the first shot in the first palce.

WTF!!

Who said anything about a second shot?  SBF was asking for information about a good single-stage trigger, as opposed to a two-stage trigger.  If you don't have anything productive to add....STFU.

That being said, check out the JARD non-adjustable single stage trigger.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 4:40:26 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm curious.....why do you think a single stage will be more effective than a two stage. You can get off very quick shots with either style.

Personally, I like the McCormick triggers. You can find a better price than Brownell's if you poke around but supply seems to be down a bit as CMC makes some manufacturing changes.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 4:50:02 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

WTF!!

Who said anything about a second shot?  SBF was asking for information about a good single-stage trigger, as opposed to a two-stage trigger.  If you don't have anything productive to add....STFU.

That being said, check out the JARD non-adjustable single stage trigger.

looks like 2 did not have there moring coffee.

JP for single stage, can be set up just the way you want it.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 6:56:43 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I'm curious.....why do you think a single stage will be more effective than a two stage. You can get off very quick shots with either style..

+1  

You can shoot faster with a single stage, but at the detriment of accuracy.  In any case, shots at game must always be aimed shots.  IPSC-style bullet hosing is unethical.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 7:12:16 AM EDT
[#8]
I didn't know I was going to get a lecture on hunting when I asked about a single stage trigger.  For those who contributed to my questio, thank you.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 7:20:48 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

What if you are shooting at 2 animals (e.g., feral hogs) and need a second shot? I don't think he meant "spray and pray." He wants something quicker than a digital camera so a second shot is possible rather quickly.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top