Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 8/28/2004 5:03:44 AM EST
Has anyone tried using Sten mags with 45?
I realize the feed lips would have to change a bit
and possibly the follower.
but I tried a 45 ACP in a 9mm sten just now and it looked like this could work.
I guess I will have to buy a 45 upper to find out!
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 10:59:22 AM EST
It be nice is someone (after 9/14) would start modifying sten mags to accept 40 or 45, single stack to feed reliably.
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 4:01:18 PM EST
Guess I will have to get a 45 upper now to try it out......
The 45 shells will fit in the magazine I would think the follower will have to be reworked
and the feed lips altered will see what I can do as soon as I can afford a new 45 Upper.
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 5:33:39 PM EST

Originally Posted By AFSOC:
Guess I will have to get a 45 upper now to try it out......
The 45 shells will fit in the magazine I would think the follower will have to be reworked
and the feed lips altered will see what I can do as soon as I can afford a new 45 Upper.

I'd be curious to know how many rounds you can stuff into it.

Link Posted: 8/30/2004 2:00:37 PM EST
THEY WORK.You have to open the feed lips & cut a U shape in the front & back of the mag.They will hold 16rds.I use them with a Socom mag block.I have about 40 & all work Perfect.The only problem you have is you have to use Short Nose Bullets.I reload & use 200gr. Round Nose Flat Point Lead bullets.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 2:29:35 PM EST
Very interesting! I knew I would have to modify the feed lips and such, I was using a Winchester Silvertip HP of unknown bullet weight to test, I usually use a heavy 230 Gold Dot bullet in my handloads so they will likely fit OK overall length being equal.

Definitely going to have to give htis a try now!
Top Top