Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/28/2004 6:03:44 AM EDT
Has anyone tried using Sten mags with 45?
I realize the feed lips would have to change a bit
and possibly the follower.
but I tried a 45 ACP in a 9mm sten just now and it looked like this could work.
I guess I will have to buy a 45 upper to find out!
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 11:59:22 AM EDT
[#1]
It be nice is someone (after 9/14) would start modifying sten mags to accept 40 or 45,  single stack to feed reliably.
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 5:01:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Guess I will have to get a 45 upper now to try it out......
The 45 shells will fit in the magazine I would think the follower will have to be reworked
and the feed lips altered will see what I can do as soon as I can afford a new 45 Upper.
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 6:33:39 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Guess I will have to get a 45 upper now to try it out......
The 45 shells will fit in the magazine I would think the follower will have to be reworked
and the feed lips altered will see what I can do as soon as I can afford a new 45 Upper.

I'd be curious to know how many rounds you can stuff into it.

Link Posted: 8/30/2004 3:00:37 PM EDT
[#4]
THEY WORK.You have to open the feed lips & cut a U shape in the front & back of the mag.They will hold 16rds.I use them with a Socom mag block.I have about 40 & all work Perfect.The only problem you have is you have to use Short Nose Bullets.I reload & use 200gr. Round Nose Flat Point Lead bullets.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 3:29:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Very interesting! I knew I would have to modify the feed lips and such, I was using a Winchester Silvertip HP of unknown bullet weight to test, I usually use a heavy 230 Gold Dot bullet in my handloads so they will likely fit OK overall length being equal.

Definitely going to have to give htis a try now!
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top