Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 10/13/2004 11:56:09 AM EST
Thinking about doing my first build. The Sarco kits seem a good place to start as Iam looking for something affordable. Are these a good value? Any first hand experiences? Anything out there better price wise?Are the uppers assembled and headspaced?Any other suggestions?
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 12:23:44 PM EST
I would stay away from them for a first build.

Reason is that my past experience ordering from them, parts are missing from the kit, certain parts quality is really not useable is a weapon of any type. Unless you have done a few and have an idea what the parts should work and function test all of them before you fire. Get a DPMS kit or Model1 kit(Recently they have gotten a pretty crappy reputation)
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 3:38:31 PM EST
Thats what I was afraid of. Thanks for the info.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 3:54:14 PM EST
Sarco parts kits unless specified as 100% brand new will most likely be used military parts. If you know what you are doing, are going for a specific look and can afford to buy more than one kit go for it.
My buddy and I purchased three Israeli FAL HB kits from them about seven years ago we combined the kits and each came out with a complete rifle of decent parts. The leftovers kit was four parts shy of a complete kit and had all the most beat up furniture pieces. Not bad for a $60 per kit investment.
Definitely not for beginners, the parts will require extensive refinishing and odds are there will be some parts missing.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 9:07:23 AM EST
I posted my experiences with two SARCO kits recently. I would avoid them for a first time build.

dwj
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 11:44:51 AM EST
Thanks for the replies gents. Would prefer an m4 anyway. Looking at model 1 or Rock River.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 2:30:56 PM EST
Have you thought about a J&T kit. They are one of the best I've seen at the price.

Link Posted: 10/31/2004 7:28:06 AM EST
I'm considering building a rifle from a kit myself. Other than J&T, what other kit sources are recommended-or recommended against?

Glenn
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 10:46:47 AM EST
I can HIGHLY recommend J&T kits. And lots of options available, including chrome lined if you want. The last two kits I bought were from J&T, and I have bought asst parts from them. All excellent.

Also, the uppers were completely assembled. And done so well.
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 7:23:24 PM EST
Go DPMS best i have found for color match and fit spectacular looking and operates superb
Top Top