Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 10/29/2004 4:06:54 PM EST
Hi everyone .... this is my first post here ....... I did a search on roll pins and struck out.....

I am a new owner of the 9mm Colt manufactured around 2002. Today shooting it for the first time I noticed the roll pin that is through the raised fence area broke off about .150"into the hole. It ran 100% with three different loads. What a sweetheart !The gun had paperwork stating it was returned to Colt for a "binding Bolt" And they I quote "drill & pin adapter. Fired for function" ............ I would appreciate it if someone would tell me what size of pin and lenght I need to use in this. Looks like the lenght is around 1.250" And .... can I just get it from my hardware. Regular pin ? or hardened ? I am really geeked about this carbine. I wanted one for over five years. It is a dream come true.

Everyone take care.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 5:38:15 PM EST
Hardware store will suffice. Nothing special about the roll pins, other than the goofy lengths they use. Buy long, cut to size.
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 2:18:29 PM EST
Does anyone know the size of the roll pins ? Do they come in a kit with the deflector ? Thanks for your time.

HH
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 5:49:18 AM EST
I measured the pin hole as close as I can and I believe the correct size is 0.125" 1/8" pin.

If anyone disagrees please let me know.

Thanks.

HHjr
Top Top