Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/29/2004 5:06:54 PM EDT
Hi everyone .... this is my first post here ....... I did a search on roll pins and struck out.....

I am a new owner of the 9mm Colt manufactured around 2002. Today shooting it for the first time I noticed the roll pin that is through the raised fence area broke off about .150"into the hole. It ran 100% with three different loads. What a sweetheart !The gun had paperwork stating it was returned to Colt for a "binding Bolt"  And they I quote "drill & pin adapter. Fired for function" ............ I would appreciate it if someone would tell me what size of pin and lenght  I need to use in this. Looks like the lenght is around 1.250" And  .... can I just get it from my hardware. Regular pin ? or hardened ?   I am really geeked about this carbine. I wanted one for over five years. It is a dream come true.

Everyone take care.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 6:38:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Hardware store will suffice. Nothing special about the roll pins, other than the goofy lengths they use. Buy long, cut to size.
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 3:18:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Does anyone know the size  of the roll pins ?   Do they come in a kit with the deflector ?   Thanks for your time.

HH
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 6:49:18 AM EDT
[#3]
I measured the pin hole as close as I can and I believe the correct size is 0.125"  1/8" pin.

If anyone disagrees please let me know.

Thanks.

HHjr
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top