Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Posted: 6/19/2011 6:39:17 AM EDT
I have a full size A2 with the standard front sight assembly. If my upper has a flat top and I mount my Triji TA01 on the LaRue RCO, will this clear the front sight post? Also I am assuming this setup would make the ironsite see-through on the ACOG useless? Thanks.
Link Posted: 6/19/2011 8:17:18 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/19/2011 8:19:47 AM EDT by Ben762]
Originally Posted By zrockstar:
I have a full size A2 with the standard front sight assembly. If my upper has a flat top and I mount my Triji TA01 on the LaRue RCO, will this clear the front sight post? Also I am assuming this setup would make the ironsite see-through on the ACOG useless? Thanks.

The RCO will, of course, only work with a flattop upper. The FSB will be a faint shadow when looking through the ACOG but for the majority of shooters (myself included) its not an issue. I don't even notice the FSB while shooting with a carbine & four power ACOG.

Yes, you cannot  co-witness iron sights with your TA01 (or any ACOG). ETA I don't know if you're talking about the irons on your rifle or if you have the close range irons on the TA01. The latter will still work.
Link Posted: 6/19/2011 8:53:28 AM EDT
Cool, thanks Ben. I was talking about the little hole at the bottom of the ACOG that lets you peep through to the irons, but I am guessing this wont work anymore. But at any rate you answered my main question, so thank you very much.
Link Posted: 6/19/2011 5:54:07 PM EDT
You're welcome. Stop by the Oregon Hometown Forum when you get a chance.
Link Posted: 6/20/2011 6:37:53 AM EDT
Top Top