Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/19/2011 6:39:17 AM EDT
I have a full size A2 with the standard front sight assembly. If my upper has a flat top and I mount my Triji TA01 on the LaRue RCO, will this clear the front sight post? Also I am assuming this setup would make the ironsite see-through on the ACOG useless? Thanks.
Link Posted: 6/19/2011 8:17:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I have a full size A2 with the standard front sight assembly. If my upper has a flat top and I mount my Triji TA01 on the LaRue RCO, will this clear the front sight post? Also I am assuming this setup would make the ironsite see-through on the ACOG useless? Thanks.

The RCO will, of course, only work with a flattop upper. The FSB will be a faint shadow when looking through the ACOG but for the majority of shooters (myself included) its not an issue. I don't even notice the FSB while shooting with a carbine & four power ACOG.

Yes, you cannot  co-witness iron sights with your TA01 (or any ACOG). ETA I don't know if you're talking about the irons on your rifle or if you have the close range irons on the TA01. The latter will still work.
Link Posted: 6/19/2011 8:53:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Cool, thanks Ben. I was talking about the little hole at the bottom of the ACOG that lets you peep through to the irons, but I am guessing this wont work anymore. But at any rate you answered my main question, so thank you very much.
Link Posted: 6/19/2011 5:54:07 PM EDT
[#3]
You're welcome. Stop by the Oregon Hometown Forum when you get a chance.
Link Posted: 6/20/2011 6:37:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top