Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/29/2004 11:36:35 AM EDT
I have a chance to purchase a brand New Pre-Ban Colt Match Target Accurized Competation Rifle; however, the price seems a little high to me. What would this be worth and is it anything different than I could purchase new now that the Ban has set. I'm not sure what the prices are on the Colts since they don't offer MSRP on their web site.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 1:42:41 PM EDT
[#1]

AFIK, all Colts marked Match Target were post-ban models, if that matters anymore.

Describe this Colt. Exactly what is stamped on the left side of the lower receiver? What is the serial number prefix? What is stamped on the top of the barrel between the FSB and the HG? Does it have a FH and/or bayonet lug? 20" or 16" barrel? A or A3 upper? Could this Colt be a mixmaster?

I might be able to help answer your questions if you supplied this info.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 11:40:32 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
         h
Describe this Colt. Exactly what is stamped on the left side of the lower receiver? What is the serial number prefix? What is stamped on the top of the barrel between the FSB and the HG? Does it have a FH and/or bayonet lug? 20" or 16" barrel? A or A3 upper? Could this Colt be a mixmaster?

I might be able to help answer your questions if you supplied this info.

The left side of the Magazine Well is Colt Sporter Competation. The barrel is stamped. C MP HBAR 1/9 The serial number Starts with CH 002....  The Barrel does have the F/H but no Bay Lug. It's a 20" Chrome lined barrel with the protective paper inside the barrel still. It comes with owners manual, new magazine (30 rnd) and he has the paperwork that showsit to be a true "Pre-Ban". It's an A3 upper but has the carry handle.

I buy from this dealer all the time and he has a small shop. I have seen this gun in there for years and he won't allow anyone to even pull back the charge handle on it. He's an honest reputable dealer but he does tend to make an arm and leg on some things if he can.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 12:28:48 PM EDT
[#3]
You confused me with the words "Match Target". What you've described is the "Sporter Competition HBAR" model, and it sounds like it has the standard factory features. The box should give the model number as R6700. It is, in fact, a pre-ban rifle confirmed by the ser. no. "CH" prefix, but it's not a "Match Target" model.

You still confuse me with the term "Accurized"! Does it appear anywhere on the box or in the literature? I'm aware of the "Range Selected" version of this rifle. It would have come with a scope mount and the Colt Delta 3-9x scope in lieu of the detachable carry handle, however. It would be a model no. R6700CH. There was also a model R6701 available that came with the ARMS scope mount base and a pair of Millet rings.

There is a later Colt Accurized model, but that would be a CAR3, model no. CR6724, and does not resemble what you describe.

If you have some documentation that this is truly an "Accurized" model then perhaps your rifle is a limited edition that never appeared in the Colt catalog. Colt has been known to do this at times. If that's the case it would be worth a premium to a Colt collector, but I'm not one, so I can't place a value on something that I'm not sure of.

If this rifle is a garden variety R6700, IMHO it's lost its premium as a pre-ban Colt because of the AWB sunset. Unless a collector has a desire for this particular rifle (after all, it's remained NIB for over ten years) it has maybe just a little more $ value than the MT6700 (Match Target) which are still available new for about $900.

HTH
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 12:54:00 PM EDT
[#4]
It does say Accurized on the paperwork and the box. He did say the rifle was a special order from colt that he ordered prior to the ban because he knew it would be unavailable once the law was in place. The guy thought would buy it, didn't and he's had it all these years sitting on the end of his rack. The model was the R6700. That's why I have been so confused about his rifle. I haven't been able to find ANY information on it anywhere. I have not even talked to anyone who has heard of it. You have been a lot of help in providing information and helping me identify this rifle and I am greatfull.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 2:10:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Its not pre ban. It would of had to be in a Preban config to be that way. Eventhough it is preban ser.# it did not qualify a semi AW during the crime bill.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 7:49:12 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Its not pre ban. It would of had to be in a Preban config to be that way. Eventhough it is preban ser.# it did not qualify a semi AW during the crime bill.

WTF ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top