Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 3/17/2005 11:33:47 AM EST
A few weeks ago I bought a Mag-Cinch for my AR (I know I "need" two). I set them up as directed and tightened them down hard. Here's the trouble; If I'm swapping mags and manage to get the lower (first in) mag on the reload it moves up to at least even with the fresh mag.

Are these things supposed to move like that? Am I slapping the bottom of the mag too hard? Or did I just FUBAR the tightening procedures?

I havent trimmed the excess matrial off yet FWIW.
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 12:27:02 PM EST
Sounds to me like the straps are not tight enough. My mags do not slip no matter how hard I slap them in. Really tighten those staps down. I used the cinch tool on mine. Are you using it? I seem to recall that some others were having problems tightening the straps properly without the tool...
HTH.
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 1:48:29 PM EST

Originally Posted By Spectre1:
Sounds to me like the straps are not tight enough. My mags do not slip no matter how hard I slap them in. Really tighten those staps down. I used the cinch tool on mine. Are you using it? I seem to recall that some others were having problems tightening the straps properly without the tool...
HTH.

I wasn't aware of the tool I found one. I guess I'll order it.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 3:49:32 PM EST
Use a pair of needle nose pliars and take up all the slack.
hug.gif
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 4:34:08 PM EST

Originally Posted By lowdrag82:
Use a pair of needle nose pliars and take up all the slack.

I tried that.
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 5:58:24 PM EST
I tried the pliers, too. No dice. Found that the tool worked very well, and its multi-functional!
Top Top