Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/17/2005 12:33:47 PM EDT
A few weeks ago I bought a Mag-Cinch for my AR (I know I "need" two).  I set them up as directed and tightened them down hard.  Here's the trouble; If I'm swapping mags and manage to get the lower (first in) mag on the reload it moves up to at least even with the fresh mag.

Are these things supposed to move like that? Am I slapping the bottom of the mag too hard?  Or did I just FUBAR the tightening procedures?

I havent trimmed the excess matrial off yet FWIW.
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 1:27:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Sounds to me like the straps are not tight enough. My mags do not slip no matter how hard I slap them in. Really tighten those staps down. I used the cinch tool on mine. Are you using it? I seem to recall that some others were having problems tightening the straps properly without the tool...
HTH.
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 2:48:29 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Sounds to me like the straps are not tight enough. My mags do not slip no matter how hard I slap them in. Really tighten those staps down. I used the cinch tool on mine. Are you using it? I seem to recall that some others were having problems tightening the straps properly without the tool...
HTH.

I wasn't aware of the tool I found one.  I guess I'll order it.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 4:49:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Use a pair of needle nose pliars and take up all the slack.
hug.gif
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 5:34:08 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Use a pair of needle nose pliars and take up all the slack.

I tried that.
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 6:58:24 PM EDT
[#5]
I tried the pliers, too. No dice. Found that the tool worked very well, and its multi-functional!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top