Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 10/4/2014 2:11:18 AM EST
In the process of measuring some weights and dimensions, I pulled the twin MSTN uppers apart from their lowers and optics.

It seemed like a decent photo op:

The common parts are:

-MSTN-stencilled DD receivers
-DD Lite 9.0 handguards
-KAC QD sling swivel mounts
-Magpul ladders
-PRI Gasbusters
-Young FA BCG, fully Diamondblack coated
-AAC MITER suppressor mounts

The green one is a 12.5” Diamondblack coated SS Noveske 6.8 barrel/bolt with 1:12” twist and SPC-II chamber.

The beige one is a 12.5” Noveske N4 barrel/bolt,

Anyway, they both continue to be great shooters. Just thought that I would share some nostalgia.
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 7:24:27 AM EST
Originally Posted By murderman:
In the process of measuring some weights and dimensions, I pulled the twin MSTN uppers apart from their lowers and optics.

It seemed like a decent photo op:

<a href="http://s16.photobucket.com/user/murderman_/media/MSTNuppers_zps2acb5271.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b42/murderman_/MSTNuppers_zps2acb5271.jpg</a>

The common parts are:

-MSTN-stencilled DD receivers
-DD Lite 9.0 handguards
-KAC QD sling swivel mounts
-Magpul ladders
-PRI Gasbusters
-Young FA BCG, fully Diamondblack coated
-AAC MITER suppressor mounts

The green one is a 12.5” Diamondblack coated SS Noveske 6.8 barrel/bolt with 1:12” twist and SPC-II chamber.

The beige one is a 12.5” Noveske N4 barrel/bolt,

Anyway, they both continue to be great shooters. Just thought that I would share some nostalgia.
View Quote

Nice share! MSTN are good folks. Shame Wes isn't around anymore. I've been really thinking about a 12.5 upper. What optics have your run on these uppers?
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 10:03:26 AM EST
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By RussellAthletic:
Nice share! MSTN are good folks. Shame Wes isn't around anymore. I've been really thinking about a 12.5 upper. What optics have your run on these uppers?
View Quote

Wes and Paul are both great folks indeed. I suspect that I am not the only one who misses the ALL CAPS posts.

The optics for the 6.8 hog rig are a TA-11J and a D-740, with a SCAR-H SD suppressor. I am about to put a 300-TM in NFA jail for it. Using SSA 85 TSX TL, it makes 2900 FPS.

The 5.56 runs either a TA-11F or a T-1, with a Class 1 ITAL and an SPR/M4 suppressor. I got an M845 several months ago, and am going to try it out on this platform.

My wife also has a nice MSTN upper with a 16" Noveske N4, 11.0 LT handguard, fully Diamondblack coated Young FA BCG, and Gasbuster CH.

Top Top