Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/4/2014 3:11:18 AM EDT
In the process of measuring some weights and dimensions, I pulled the twin MSTN uppers apart from their lowers and optics.

It seemed like a decent photo op:

The common parts are:

-MSTN-stencilled DD receivers
-DD Lite 9.0 handguards
-KAC QD sling swivel mounts
-Magpul ladders
-PRI Gasbusters
-Young FA BCG, fully Diamondblack coated
-AAC MITER suppressor mounts

The green one is a 12.5” Diamondblack coated SS Noveske 6.8 barrel/bolt with 1:12” twist and SPC-II chamber.

The beige one is a 12.5” Noveske N4 barrel/bolt,

Anyway, they both continue to be great shooters.  Just thought that I would share some nostalgia.
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 8:24:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
In the process of measuring some weights and dimensions, I pulled the twin MSTN uppers apart from their lowers and optics.

It seemed like a decent photo op:

<a href="http://s16.photobucket.com/user/murderman_/media/MSTNuppers_zps2acb5271.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b42/murderman_/MSTNuppers_zps2acb5271.jpg</a>

The common parts are:

-MSTN-stencilled DD receivers
-DD Lite 9.0 handguards
-KAC QD sling swivel mounts
-Magpul ladders
-PRI Gasbusters
-Young FA BCG, fully Diamondblack coated
-AAC MITER suppressor mounts

The green one is a 12.5” Diamondblack coated SS Noveske 6.8 barrel/bolt with 1:12” twist and SPC-II chamber.

The beige one is a 12.5” Noveske N4 barrel/bolt,

Anyway, they both continue to be great shooters.  Just thought that I would share some nostalgia.
View Quote

Nice share! MSTN are good folks. Shame Wes isn't around anymore. I've been really thinking about a 12.5 upper. What optics have your run on these uppers?
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 11:03:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Nice share! MSTN are good folks. Shame Wes isn't around anymore. I've been really thinking about a 12.5 upper. What optics have your run on these uppers?
View Quote

Wes and Paul are both great folks indeed.  I suspect that I am not the only one who misses the ALL CAPS posts.

The optics for the 6.8 hog rig are a TA-11J and a D-740, with a SCAR-H SD suppressor.  I am about to put a 300-TM in NFA jail for it.  Using SSA 85 TSX TL, it makes 2900 FPS.

The 5.56 runs either a TA-11F or a T-1, with a Class 1 ITAL and an SPR/M4 suppressor.  I got an M845 several months ago, and am going to try it out on this platform.

My wife also has a nice MSTN upper with a 16" Noveske N4, 11.0 LT handguard, fully Diamondblack coated Young FA BCG, and Gasbuster CH.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top