Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/14/2023 7:40:24 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/15/2023 1:20:24 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/16/2023 1:34:40 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Vehemence] [#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

Strange (to me) to see a rifle with a T-1 on such a low mount. Looks like it’s even lower than absolute co-witness, but maybe that’s an illusion? Seems like that’d be a pain to shoot.

Edit: The more I look at it, the more I think it is an illusion. I think I’m just so used to seeing mine in the LaRue LT660 mount it’s been in forever… mine seems a lot taller.
Link Posted: 2/16/2023 3:50:24 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Vehemence:

Strange (to me) to see a rifle with a T-1 on such a low mount. Looks like it's even lower than absolute co-witness, but maybe that's an illusion? Seems like that'd be a pain to shoot.

Edit: The more I look at it, the more I think it is an illusion. I think I'm just so used to seeing mine in the LaRue LT660 mount it's been in forever  mine seems a lot taller.
View Quote
I've put mine in that setup before. It's at absolute co witness if I remember correctly.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 2/17/2023 4:17:34 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Vehemence] [#9]
Originally Posted By LsuJon:
I've put mine in that setup before. It's at absolute co witness if I remember correctly.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/316069/3D4A15C7-B63A-4614-A8AC-4A1B17235485_jpe-2712897.JPG
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Strange (to me) to see a rifle with a T-1 on such a low mount. Looks like it's even lower than absolute co-witness, but maybe that's an illusion? Seems like that'd be a pain to shoot.

Edit: The more I look at it, the more I think it is an illusion. I think I'm just so used to seeing mine in the LaRue LT660 mount it's been in forever  mine seems a lot taller.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/316069/3D4A15C7-B63A-4614-A8AC-4A1B17235485_jpe-2712897.JPG

What mount is that? Aimpoint factory low mount on a riser? If so, who makes the riser?
Link Posted: 2/17/2023 6:24:27 AM EDT
[#10]

What mount is that? Aimpoint factory low mount on a riser? If so, who makes the riser?
View Quote

Correct.  It's an insight su-233/m3x riser that comes in the kits.
Link Posted: 2/19/2023 3:21:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Hey guys, I am new to the world of cloning and would like to start with a Block II FSP upper. What websites should I keep a regular eye on for surplus deals or kits? I know of Thoroughbred Armament but I am sure there are more that I am not familiar with. Also I know that the rail must be in FDE to be correct but I was wondering if there were any pictures of ones that had been rattle canned black for any reason?

Thanks in advance for the help and if anyone is trying to offload an FSP upper or rail please IM/Email me.
Link Posted: 2/19/2023 8:55:39 PM EDT
[#12]

Link Posted: 2/22/2023 12:03:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JSPA] [#13]
Originally Posted By RDF_Actual:
Hey guys, I am new to the world of cloning and would like to start with a Block II FSP upper. What websites should I keep a regular eye on for surplus deals or kits? I know of Thoroughbred Armament but I am sure there are more that I am not familiar with. Also I know that the rail must be in FDE to be correct but I was wondering if there were any pictures of ones that had been rattle canned black for any reason?

Thanks in advance for the help and if anyone is trying to offload an FSP upper or rail please IM/Email me.
View Quote

Well you named a big one with TA.
Honestly, I scout the EE here a lot for stuff.
Shark Arms also gets some nice stuff as well.

I had an FDE FSB but I wanted a Non FSB bad so I ended up trading for a black one.
Yeah, the black is not clone correct but my parts are and I feel that’s more important than color since I can always paint things if I really wanted.
Honestly, though, I kinda dig the black.
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 1:25:12 PM EDT
[#14]
So I went with an eotech instead of a t2 cause I’ve never owned an eotech before and wanted to try it out, now I need a front QD. Are the KAC ones anti rotation? If not should I just go with dd? I have a magpul now and I don’t like the goofy offset plus it looks totally incorrect. I might not be super clone correct but at least it looks the part for the most part haha. The front sling mount is the only thing I need except for a kac rear sight for now. Haven’t gone out since putting the eotech on but playing larp ninja around my house I like it so far.
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 1:57:56 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By tzoneholic:
So I went with an eotech instead of a t2 cause I’ve never owned an eotech before and wanted to try it out, now I need a front QD. Are the KAC ones anti rotation? If not should I just go with dd? I have a magpul now and I don’t like the goofy offset plus it looks totally incorrect. I might not be super clone correct but at least it looks the part for the most part haha. The front sling mount is the only thing I need except for a kac rear sight for now. Haven’t gone out since putting the eotech on but playing larp ninja around my house I like it so far.
View All Quotes

Combat Diver mentions the KAC 98720-1 sling mount here.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/AR-15/M4A1-SOPMOD-Block-II-clone-picture-thread/118-541606/?page=886#i8491376

KAC describes it as non-rotational.

Updated for 2020, the QD socket is now Anti-Rotation which prevents the swivel from spinning in the socket and twisting up your sling.

Push button sling swivel mount that fits any MIL-STD 1913 rail to allow for optimal operator customization. Non rotational.

I'm guessing the updated version is the reason for the, "-1" at the end of the part number.
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 1:59:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Air_Soft_Contractor] [#16]

View Quote

With such a large scope, 35 degrees might not clear it and a 45 degree mount might be required for a clear view.
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 2:04:09 PM EDT
[#17]
View Quote

Two issued ones are the OCD and KAC QD.

CD
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 2:04:14 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Air_Soft_Contractor:

Combat Diver mentions the KAC 98720-1 sling mount here.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/AR-15/M4A1-SOPMOD-Block-II-clone-picture-thread/118-541606/?page=886#i8491376

KAC describes it as non-rotational.

I'm guessing the updated version is the reason for the, "-1" at the end of the part number.
View Quote

Cool thank you, thought I remembered reading it wasn’t, now to hunt one down.
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 3:54:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Vehemence] [#19]
Link Posted: 2/23/2023 12:22:59 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By JSPA:

Well you named a big one with TA.
Honestly, I scout the EE here a lot for stuff.
Shark Arms also gets some nice stuff as well.

I had an FDE FSB but I wanted a Non FSB bad so I ended up trading for a black one.
Yeah, the black is not clone correct but my parts are and I feel that’s more important than color since I can always paint things if I really wanted.
Honestly, though, I kinda dig the black.
View Quote

Thank you for the suggestion, I will have to keep an eye on that site also. I also dig the look of the black rail, I might use one on the upper as it looks like they have a lower re-sale value and then rattle can it if I get tired of the black
Link Posted: 2/26/2023 2:27:50 AM EDT
[#21]
@Combat_Diver is this the correct “approved” pro gas buster?

https://www.precisionreflex.com/charging-handles/336-1762-m84-gas-buster-charging-handle-military-big-latch.html#/62-colors-black
Link Posted: 2/26/2023 2:33:31 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By ChemTrailZ:

https://www.precisionreflex.com/charging-handles/336-1762-m84-gas-buster-charging-handle-military-big-latch.html#/62-colors-black
View Quote

Yes, #05-0031
Link Posted: 2/26/2023 3:07:23 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Combat_Diver:

Yes, #05-0031
View Quote

You are an invaluable wealth of knowledge, thank again!
Link Posted: 3/1/2023 7:02:25 AM EDT
[#24]
I'm sure this has been asked in the past but I can't seem to find it.  Has anyone purchased a RIS ll Bolt up system barrel wrench from Classified Defense before?  Is there a better/different place I should be looking to purchase one?
Link Posted: 3/1/2023 7:06:49 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By tevan0707:
I'm sure this has been asked in the past but I can't seem to find it.  Has anyone purchased a RIS ll Bolt up system barrel wrench from Classified Defense before?  Is there a better/different place I should be looking to purchase one?
View Quote

I did a few years ago.  Totally worth it.
Link Posted: 3/1/2023 7:38:37 AM EDT
[#26]
View Quote

I found it to be worth it.  If you ever have to do more than the initial assembly, it’s really nice to have.
Link Posted: 3/1/2023 9:11:58 AM EDT
[#27]

Yes, #05-0031
View All Quotes

Yes, #05-0031

I saw an interview with PRI and they are gonna be selling the latches with the welds again.
Link Posted: 3/1/2023 10:29:06 AM EDT
[#28]
View Quote

I've used several prototypes of his wrenches and can vouch for them.
Link Posted: 3/1/2023 11:32:32 AM EDT
[Last Edit: tevan0707] [#29]
I appreciate all the feedback everyone!
Link Posted: 3/1/2023 7:07:04 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By HipSh0T:

I saw an interview with PRI and they are gonna be selling the latches with the welds again.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By HipSh0T:

Yes, #05-0031

Link Posted: 3/1/2023 7:40:11 PM EDT
[#31]
I've been looking for a pic, maybe someone can help me on here. It is a block 2 upper with a Leupold mk6 3-18 looking downrange with the ocean in the background. Sound familiar?
Link Posted: 3/1/2023 7:49:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: -KentuckyWindage-] [#32]
Originally Posted By Omega9000:
I've been looking for a pic, maybe someone can help me on here. It is a block 2 upper with a Leupold mk6 3-18 looking downrange with the ocean in the background. Sound familiar?
View Quote

Paging @LSUJon
Link Posted: 3/1/2023 7:52:38 PM EDT
[#33]
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/1/2023 8:12:16 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By StealthGuy:

https://i.imgur.com/5O2BtRW.jpg
View Quote

thank you sir. Been trying to find it in this thread and on instagram but couldn't locate it.
Link Posted: 3/1/2023 8:49:48 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By -KentuckyWindage-:

Paging @LSUJon
View Quote
do we need a photo dump of NSW DMRs? lol
Link Posted: 3/1/2023 9:03:39 PM EDT
[#36]
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By -KentuckyWindage-:

Paging @LSUJon

I sure as hell think so!
Link Posted: 3/1/2023 10:10:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 03CR] [#37]
View Quote

Absolutely!
Link Posted: 3/1/2023 10:48:34 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 3/1/2023 10:51:48 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 3/1/2023 10:55:52 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 3/1/2023 10:58:40 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 3/1/2023 11:03:44 PM EDT
[#42]
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

There is a few more but can't upload them from my cell.

Link Posted: 3/2/2023 7:26:12 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 3/2/2023 8:58:29 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AWHAILYEAH] [#44]
I fooking love the big optic BLK II so much so I built two.........................Nice photo dump LSU
Link Posted: 3/2/2023 10:05:16 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By StealthGuy:

https://i.imgur.com/5O2BtRW.jpg
View Quote

Who gives a fuck about optic cant?  Not that guy
Link Posted: 3/2/2023 11:34:49 AM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By brodband8:

Who gives a fuck about optic cant?  Not that guy
View Quote
Thanks you've ruined that picture for me. Now I cant unsee it.

Link Posted: 3/2/2023 1:12:33 PM EDT
[#47]
Thanks you've ruined that picture for me. Now I cant unsee it.

View Quote

Your pic with the mk17 and dev clone all stacked up on the rack inspired me to clone your block 2 DMR
Link Posted: 3/2/2023 8:37:35 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By SecretSquirell:

I like how they pixelated the fur missile's face too.
View Quote
There shall be no doxxing of Good BoysTM
Link Posted: 3/2/2023 9:04:24 PM EDT
[#50]

Your pic with the mk17 and dev clone all stacked up on the rack inspired me to clone your block 2 DMR
View Quote
Just today I got in the top mount for the aim point so I've switched from the offset to a top mount for the time being.
Page / 908
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Top Top