Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
10/20/2017 1:01:18 AM
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/14/2005 6:40:59 AM EDT
I bought my first AR a month or so ago. It was a post-ban rifle that I am gradually changing to no-ban. I'm looking at adding a railed handguard and have posted a topic on that already. I was thinking of going with the YHM 2 piece but I want to get rid of the mini-Y comp I have. It's damn loud and would prefer a FH. It's mainly a plinking rifle. I would like to find a barrel with the front sight base moved forward further so I can affix a bayonet. I don't feel the need to stab anything but asthetics are kinda neat. I'm looking at another M4 barrel probably. I see Bushmaster has the dissipator version so I could add longer handguards and make use of the bayo lug. I would most likely send in my upper to have the free-float guards put on along with the new barrel.

What's your opinion/ideas?
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 7:29:23 AM EDT
I would cut the Y comp off, screw on a Phantom, silver solder it, and be done with it. If the barrel was 16", I would do the same but forget the silver solder part.

If you are set on wanting a bayonet, buy a new barrel, and sell your old one.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 8:13:54 AM EDT

I would cut the Y comp off, screw on a Phantom, silver solder it, and be done with it. If the barrel was 16", I would do the same but forget the silver solder part.

I was considering sending my upper to Bushmaster and have them add the Phantom. I want to add a railed hand guard and figured I might as well take the brake off at the same time. Thing is I've heard to go with Daniel Defense or Larue which Busy I'm pretty sure doesn't carry. Where's a good place to send it to get the FH and rail installed?
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 10:20:44 AM EDT
You won't get a bayonet lug that way, which is one of the things I thought you wanted....
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 7:51:17 PM EDT
Weasel-

As stickman mentioned, you will not get a bayonet lug by swapping out the muzzle device and handguard, so still no bayonet.
You can't (easily) change out the front sight base, each one is mated to a specific barrel and they live together for the life of the parts.
If you just want a flash hider attached and a freefloat handguard installed, I can handle all that.
Prices here: shop services

Randall Rausch
www.ar15barrels.com
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 11:46:07 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Weasel_Master:
Where's a good place to send it to get the FH and rail installed?

I've had some work done at Kurts Kustom Firearms I'd check and see if he has a back log on work though. Kurt's in FL BTW.

I've also heard that ADCO also does this kind of work and he's in NW Ohio.
Top Top