Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/20/2004 7:52:46 AM EDT
Talk about self inflicted torture Have
PS: Not knocking Clintons speed or service, as I ordered the lower a couple days after I'd ordered everything else.  I'm just impatient by nature.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 9:05:53 AM EDT
[#1]
You're lucky you didn't order from RRA. I'm still waiting on my upper (ordered on the 7th) and it's a few weeks out. Last I heard, they were quoting people 3 months to complete their stuff.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 9:26:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Ordered a lower from RRA also, around the 4th and they say it will be shipped this week,I hope.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 2:26:49 PM EDT
[#3]
I ordered on August 10.  At that time I was told 5-8 weeks.  Its now 6 weeks and still waiting.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 2:41:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Wait you til you get hooked on NFA items. Then waiting a few weeks doesn't seem so bad any more. henever
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 2:53:27 PM EDT
[#5]
It seems like the wait on RRA lowers is a lot less than uppers. I guess that makes sense since the only three options on a lower are the stock, standard or two-stage trigger, and the stock.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 3:49:28 PM EDT
[#6]
I just finished ordering all of my remaining parts I needed from RRA and they are sending me everything but the barrell.  They have not contacted me with a response on time for it yet.

Are you guys saying it could be 3 months?
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 3:58:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Patience grasshopper....when you can calmly wait on your AR parts... then you will be ready!
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 3:47:39 AM EDT
[#8]
Well, I received some much needed medication yesterday morning when a nice new Savage Mark II in .17HM2 arrived for me to do a review on.  Went to the range and quickly found out just how horrid the trigger was (worse than normal IMO), and was very disappointed in the groups I got.  Got up this morning and pulled the stock to do some trigger work, and low & behold the recoil button is missing from the bottom of the barrel.  Me thinks that may just have a little to do with my grouping problems.  hinking.gif  

On a positive note, I did manage to properly baptise it on this little critter.  FIrst shot went in his left shoulder, and the second into his head.  Doesn't cause nearly the carnage that the 17HMR does, but the bulged "cartoon" eyes was a nice touch.  http://www.savageshooters.com/images/Misc/17HM2_Victom-2.jpg
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 4:52:57 AM EDT
[#9]
I ordered this F%cking barrel, 24" fluted Varminteer "Pre-Ban",  from Bushmaster on July 22nd and have still not recieved it. I read where "fluted barrels" take longer to process and finish, but DAMN. I love using Bushmaster products etc... but I have really been disappointed with this encounter. For those deciding on what Sheryl/Cheryl of Bushmaster calls "an unusual barrel" you'd better order it at LEAST two months out or the proceeding season! And be prepared for her explination "we offer 231 barrel configurations so what do you want me to tell you Mr. Thompson".......

Shit that is like ordering a burger from McDonalds and waiting until 5 other people order the same thing before you all get served......
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top