Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Posted: 1/2/2007 12:57:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/2/2007 12:57:53 PM EDT by US_PATRIOT_1776]
On a M-4 stock assembly, how do I stake the castle nut  Links or pics would be most appreciated.  Thanks guys.
Pete
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 1:00:58 PM EDT
Link

Danny
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 1:01:31 PM EDT
I'm new at this whole thing but didn't know you had to stake a castle nut, thought you just tightened it.
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 1:06:40 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 1:06:41 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Rich219:
I'm new at this whole thing but didn't know you had to stake a castle nut, thought you just tightened it.

I just tighten mine cause I change things around so much. 11 AR's and not a problem yet.

Danny
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 1:30:44 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Minuteman419:

I just tighten mine cause I change things around so much. 11 AR's and not a problem yet.

Danny

it's not a matter of if, only when. I give them the option of staking it for them, most decline.
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 2:33:39 PM EDT

Originally Posted By MuRDoC:

Originally Posted By Minuteman419:

Danny

it's not a matter of if, only when. I give them the option of staking it for them, most decline.

I tighten mine pretty darn tight. You are correct considering: useage, hot and cold etc. that has to have some effect on it. I had a RRA complete lower here to do some changes on and that blue loctite was the bomb. I like to have never broke it loose, heat gun and short piece of pipe on my 3 prong wrench finally got it.

I wonder if the (purple?) loctite for small fasteners would do the job and still be easier to remove than the blue?

Danny
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 9:31:28 PM EDT
Thanks for the replies guys.
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 9:59:58 PM EDT

It WILL loosen up over time if you don't stake it or use LocTite.  The .Mil way is to stake it - most hobbyists (and some vendors) just use blue locktite.

the mil way? not in my battalion!! i never have seen one staked but here!!!!!!
Top Top