Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 6/14/2009 4:56:50 PM EST
[Last Edit: 8/2/2009 3:44:16 PM EST by WolfFox]
Is there an adaptor I can get to mount a Harris Bipod on this gas block or tube or do I need to get a different gas block? Thanks
RRA flat top A4 upper, 1:8 twist, SS 20” barrel, Hogue Overmolded Free Float Tube and a Smith Vortex flash suppressor, sitting on a RRA NM 2 stage trigger, A2 stock.

Link Posted: 6/14/2009 6:04:56 PM EST
Originally Posted By WolfFox:
Is there an adaptor I can get to mount a Harris Bipod on this gas block or tube or do I need to get a different gas block? Thanks
RRA flat top A4 upper, 1:8 twist, SS 20” barrel, Hogue Overmolded Free Float Tube and a Smith Vortex flash suppressor, sitting on a RRA NM 2 stage trigger, A2 stock.
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y73/WolfFox/RRA6.jpg
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y73/WolfFox/RRA7.jpg

Drill a hold on the FF tube.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 6:14:23 PM EST
[Last Edit: 6/14/2009 6:15:39 PM EST by Python00]
DO NOT mount any thing on the barrel or gas tube, you will defeat the purpose of the FF tube. You really only have two choices,
Mount a sling stud as mentioned above. Cheapest and easiest
Buy a railed FF and get the rail mount

After looking at the pic don't use the front sling loop either.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 7:13:03 PM EST
Do not use the gas block. Drill and tap a hole for either a sling swivel or 2 holes for a short rail to mount.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 3:43:21 AM EST
Originally Posted By Python00:
DO NOT mount any thing on the barrel or gas tube, you will defeat the purpose of the FF tube. You really only have two choices,

Wasn't thinking when I said, change the gas block. Your right it would defeat the purpose of the FF tube.
Don't want rails. I really like the FF tube that's own here. I guess the only thing to do, if I want a bipod is modify the tube with either a rail or a stud. Thanks for the help.
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 3:43:48 PM EST
I found the fix to my problem. For others with this problem of mounting a bipod to a Hogue Overmolded Float Forend. Here is the fix...
Picatinny Cuff - Rail and Swivel Stud Attachment for 2" Free Float AR Forends
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 4:47:28 PM EST

Wasn't thinking when I said, change the gas block. Your right it would defeat the purpose of the FF tube.
Don't want rails. I really like the FF tube that's own here. I guess the only thing to do, if I want a bipod is modify the tube with either a rail or a stud. Thanks for the help.

$130 for just the cuff?? wtf?
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 4:48:19 PM EST

get rra 3pc tube for $60-70 and it comes with a stud
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 4:56:22 PM EST
Originally Posted By Hayseed_40:

$96. If you don't want drill your tube, it's to only other option that I could find. I wish Houge would have built the stud on the tube or a least give you that option.
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 9:54:01 PM EST
Just keep an eye on the EE, I bought a Knights RAS Match FF for $150
Top Top