Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/14/2009 5:56:50 PM EDT
Is there an adaptor I can get to mount a Harris Bipod on this gas block or tube or do I need to get a different gas block? Thanks
RRA flat top A4 upper, 1:8 twist, SS 20” barrel, Hogue Overmolded Free Float Tube and a Smith Vortex flash suppressor, sitting on a RRA NM 2 stage trigger, A2 stock.

Link Posted: 6/14/2009 7:04:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Is there an adaptor I can get to mount a Harris Bipod on this gas block or tube or do I need to get a different gas block? Thanks
RRA flat top A4 upper, 1:8 twist, SS 20” barrel, Hogue Overmolded Free Float Tube and a Smith Vortex flash suppressor, sitting on a RRA NM 2 stage trigger, A2 stock.
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y73/WolfFox/RRA6.jpg
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y73/WolfFox/RRA7.jpg

Drill a hold on the FF tube.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 7:14:23 PM EDT
[#2]
DO NOT mount any thing on the barrel or gas tube, you will defeat the purpose of the FF tube. You really only have two choices,
Mount a sling stud as mentioned above. Cheapest and easiest
Buy a railed FF and get the rail mount

After looking at the pic don't use the front sling loop either.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 8:13:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Do not use the gas block. Drill and tap a hole for either a sling swivel or 2 holes for a short rail to mount.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 4:43:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
DO NOT mount any thing on the barrel or gas tube, you will defeat the purpose of the FF tube. You really only have two choices,

Wasn't thinking when I said, change the gas block. Your right it would defeat the purpose of the FF tube.
Don't want rails.  I really like the FF tube that's own here.  I guess the only thing to do, if I want a bipod is modify the tube with either a rail or a stud.  Thanks for the help.
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 4:43:48 PM EDT
[#5]
I found the fix to my problem.  For others with this problem of mounting a bipod to a Hogue Overmolded Float Forend.  Here is the fix...
Picatinny Cuff - Rail and Swivel Stud Attachment for 2" Free Float AR Forends
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 5:47:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wasn't thinking when I said, change the gas block. Your right it would defeat the purpose of the FF tube.
Don't want rails.  I really like the FF tube that's own here.  I guess the only thing to do, if I want a bipod is modify the tube with either a rail or a stud.  Thanks for the help.

$130 for just the cuff?? wtf?
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 5:48:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

get rra 3pc tube for $60-70 and it comes with a stud
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 5:56:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

$96.  If you don't want drill your tube, it's to only other option that I could find. I wish Houge would have built the stud on the tube or a least give you that option.
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 10:54:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Just keep an eye on the EE, I bought a Knights RAS Match FF for $150
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top