Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 6/16/2009 8:02:02 PM EST
Finally got the last two parts I needed to finish off my rifle. Some small rails pieces for my MOE handguards so I can mount a light and my MIAD grip.

Took almost 45 minutes of using bigger and bigger screw drivers to get the thing tightened down all the way, is this normal ? Also had to use a rubber mallet to seat the grip properly. I thought I was gonna have a freakin stroke cranking on the damn thing.

BTW the gun is a 14 1/2 pencil with permanent vortex on a spikes upper and lower. Fresh photo's later when I have time
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 8:10:45 PM EST
if your talking about the grip then its because magpul puts to much lock tight on the screw you need to use a wire brush or something agressive to take almost all of it off before applying it. I hope you did not damage the threads on the lower by forcing it in there.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 8:38:41 PM EST
Now I find out

I'm going to leave that grip on there until the rifle is trash.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 2:27:15 AM EST
I took me 8 days to get the MIAD installed on my build. I was going back and forth back and forth back and forth.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 9:19:50 AM EST

Originally Posted By kcolg30:
I took me 8 days to get the MIAD installed on my build. I was going back and forth back and forth back and forth.

Something wrong with that. I would have been doing a little relief work or it would have already arrived back at Magpul in that period of time.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 10:25:29 AM EST
Originally Posted By GearHead_1:

Something wrong with that. I would have been doing a little relief work or it would have already arrived back at Magpul in that period of time.

The good thing is that now the MIAD is a permanent part of the rifle.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 11:23:36 AM EST
[Last Edit: 6/17/2009 5:44:23 PM EST by GearHead_1]

Originally Posted By GearHead_1:

The good thing is that now the MIAD is a permanent part of the rifle.
That should be just about perfect when you go to put in your ambi-safety, special trigger or just want to strip and inspect.

Link Posted: 6/17/2009 4:46:25 PM EST
I used a RRA A2 stock set for my M16A4gery, they caked on the red loctite on the screw for the stock, I used a wire brush on a dremel to get most of it off.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 4:48:46 PM EST
I have another set on order for a second build coming up. That one I will strip the loctite of the screw now that I know I shoulda freakin done that to start with.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 5:31:05 PM EST

I'm speechless...
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 5:36:06 PM EST
I used a new grip screw...gave up on the MIAD screw after 10 minutes.
Top Top