Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/16/2009 9:02:02 PM EDT
Finally got the last two parts I needed to finish off my rifle. Some small rails pieces for my MOE handguards so I can mount a light and my MIAD grip.

Took almost 45 minutes of using bigger and bigger screw drivers to get the thing tightened down all the way, is this normal ? Also had to use a rubber mallet to seat the grip properly.  I thought I was gonna have a freakin stroke cranking on the damn thing.

BTW the gun is a 14 1/2 pencil with permanent vortex on a spikes upper and lower. Fresh photo's later when I have time
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 9:10:45 PM EDT
[#1]
if your talking about the grip then its because magpul puts to much lock tight on the screw you need to use a wire brush or something agressive to take almost all of it off before applying it. I hope you did not damage the threads on the lower by forcing it in there.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 9:38:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Now I find out

I'm going to leave that grip on there until the rifle is trash.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 3:27:15 AM EDT
[#3]
I took me 8 days to get the MIAD installed on my build.  I was going back and forth back and forth back and forth.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 10:19:50 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

I took me 8 days to get the MIAD installed on my build.  I was going back and forth back and forth back and forth.

Something wrong with that. I would have been doing a little relief work or it would have already arrived back at Magpul in that period of time.

Link Posted: 6/17/2009 11:25:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Something wrong with that. I would have been doing a little relief work or it would have already arrived back at Magpul in that period of time.

The good thing is that now the MIAD is a permanent part of the rifle.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 12:23:36 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The good thing is that now the MIAD is a permanent part of the rifle.

That should be just about perfect when you go to put in your ambi-safety, special trigger or just want to strip and inspect.  

Link Posted: 6/17/2009 5:46:25 PM EDT
[#7]
I used a RRA A2 stock set for my M16A4gery, they caked on the red loctite on the screw for the stock, I used a wire brush on a dremel to get most of it off.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 5:48:46 PM EDT
[#8]
I have another set on order for a second build coming up. That one I will strip the loctite of the screw now that I know I shoulda freakin done that to start with.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 6:31:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I'm speechless...
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 6:36:06 PM EDT
[#10]
I used a new grip screw...gave up on the MIAD screw after 10 minutes.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top