Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 9/16/2003 3:51:59 PM EST
What size is that damn thing!?
Man i need to know what size the pin(or the punch for the pin) is that holds the gas tube into the gas block .....man it is so damn tiny
and if anybody has a punch that will fit that is made of steel please email me with a good price and you got a sale. i put a gas tube in upside down on one of my uppers
YES lmao upside down have no clue how i did it must be AR magic
THANKS fellas
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 4:59:53 PM EST
The punch is a 5/64-inch...
Link Posted: 9/17/2003 4:20:26 AM EST
THANKS! im guessing a 2/32 punch will do the job?
Link Posted: 9/17/2003 1:47:26 PM EST
A 2/32" punch would actually be 1/16" and yes, it will work because it is 1/64" smaller than the needed size. Remember to use a light hammer and tap the punch, don't pound it. Be gentle.
Link Posted: 9/26/2003 9:44:06 PM EST
Local hardware should have the roll pin punch gobs cheaper than ordering from a specialty catalog. If in a bind,use a drill bit,but drive with the shank and TAP on the pointy end. One question though..... How did you get the old one out? S-28
Link Posted: 9/27/2003 5:33:12 AM EST
LOL got it out with a brass punch that had no markings that bent to hell
Top Top