Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/9/2004 7:38:35 PM EDT
Well, I took the plunge, dropped the $1100 dollars and took delivery of my first ever rifle, the infamous LE6920. I may only be 19, but I knew since I was in elementary I wanted an AR-15 type weapon (im not violent or gun crazy I asssure you, just an enthusiast). Seems interesting as well too cause Ive been reading all the controversey about owning one of these LEO rifles, and I guess my question is, what to do? Should I keep the bastard in its box and buy another one for a shooter, or just enjoy it like I had intended to? Ill tell you all one thing tho, this Colt is QUALITY.......I love it! Craftsmenship is first rate- Must be extra attention given to the Colt Defense LLC weapons cause Ive seen some Colt Mfg. 6400C "wannabe" M4s and I must say that I was less than impressed. Anyhow, Ill say this now. I truly dont believe I have a collector-weapon here, just a damn nice rifle that alot people want! Lets face it, we all know its just a tad more exclusive to have "COLT'S LAW ENFORCEMENT CARBINE" than "Match Target" or some other garden-variety name. I dunno bout you guys but to pay only a alittle more for a gun with LEO-markings, bayo-lug, removable-top, 2-20 rd. LEO marked mags, sling, and collapsible stock that actually FUCKING collapses is well worth another Franklin. Maybe just me though, but Im not an avid gun collector/owner and even I know these things make a difference. Why have a wannabe M4 when I can have a Police-version M4.......................?
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 7:40:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Congrats on the Colt......................now get some pics posted

Edited to add:  Take it out and shoot and let us know how you like it.
One thing about owning a Colt is, there is no such thing as one pony in the stable
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 7:42:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 7:53:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Regardless of the recent frenzy, my 6920 is a shooter not a museum piece.    
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 7:58:12 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Well, I took the plunge, dropped the $1100 dollars and took delivery of my first ever rifle, the infamous LE6920. I may only be 19, but I knew since I was in elementary I wanted an AR-15 type weapon (im not violent or gun crazy I asssure you, just an enthusiast). Seems interesting as well too cause Ive been reading all the controversey about owning one of these LEO rifles, and I guess my question is, what to do? Should I keep the bastard in its box and buy another one for a shooter, or just enjoy it like I had intended to? Ill tell you all one thing tho, this Colt is QUALITY.......I love it! Craftsmenship is first rate- Must be extra attention given to the Colt Defense LLC weapons cause Ive seen some Colt Mfg. 6400C "wannabe" M4s and I must say that I was less than impressed. Anyhow, Ill say this now. I truly dont believe I have a collector-weapon here, just a damn nice rifle that alot people want! Lets face it, we all know its just a tad more exclusive to have "COLT'S LAW ENFORCEMENT CARBINE" than "Match Target" or some other garden-variety name. I dunno bout you guys but to pay only a alittle more for a gun with LEO-markings, bayo-lug, removable-top, 2-20 rd. LEO marked mags, sling, and collapsible stock that actually FUCKING collapses is well worth another Franklin. Maybe just me though, but Im not an avid gun collector/owner and even I know these things make a difference. Why have a wannabe M4 when I can have a Police-version M4.......................?

Ammo son you need lots of ammo and 30rd mags.  You live in a free state enjoy it.  
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 8:12:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Senator Dipshit Kerry was in my state of WI wednesday...........spoke to Waukesha county as an "avid-hunter", yet made it clear if elected he would essentially re-up the ban on Assault weapons. And to think I just got my baby. He just plain sucks ass!
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 8:24:23 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm in WI, too, lucid.  SE part.  IM if you want to get together and I can show you some things I've learned from the masters on the boards about ARs.

Don't worry, I have my own AR so I won't have to shoot yours!  (Even though I'll beg to because my LE6920 is still at least 2 weeks out! )
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 8:28:00 PM EDT
[#7]
first clean it !) so you can make sure nothing is obstructing the bore, and 2) you get to see what it looks like clean so you can get it back together.

Then shoot the heck out of it.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 8:39:27 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I'm in WI, too, lucid.  SE part.  IM if you want to get together and I can show you some things I've learned from the masters on the boards about ARs.

Don't worry, I have my own AR so I won't have to shoot yours!  (Even though I'll beg to because my LE6920 is still at least 2 weeks out! )hr

You know whats hilarious and I think is pretty damn coincedental is that you said your near Kenosha, WI. I happen to live in Racine about 10 min. north and I also saw that you said you went to Jalensky's Sports to inquire about a 6920..........that happens to be my friend, Dave Jalensky's dads place, he has a store in Kenosha and Sturtevant. They said they couldnt get ahold of the guns, right? Small world, eh???
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 8:41:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Christ!  Where are the PICS?
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 8:44:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Hey calm the hell down, ill get them up eventually. Besides, you already know what ive got, but now that you bring up pics, Im gonna go walk into the other room and gaze longingly at my brand-new 6920......man, still smells factory-fresh!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 8:50:24 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Hey calm the hell down, ill get them up eventually. Besides, you already know what ive got, but now that you bring up pics, Im gonna go walk into the other room and gaze longingly at my brand-new 6920......man, still smells factory-fresh!!!!!!!!!

Nothing like rubbing it in and making a guy feel bad.....damn I'm jealous
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 8:54:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Well, what can I say.........I passed up a new set of rims for M3 to fund my black-rifle affair, so I gotta be mischevious in some way, right?
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 8:55:02 PM EDT
[#13]
hmmm Racine, I used to know a gal there, know an anna sneath? ;-)
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 8:57:30 PM EDT
[#14]
Anna Sneath??????????.......No, i tend to stick with 18-24 age bracket. Sorry
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 9:01:31 PM EDT
[#15]
shes in that bracket, I was gonna make you take her shooting if you knew her haha
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 9:03:39 PM EDT
[#16]
well in that case...........im a greeaaaaat guy!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 9:13:27 PM EDT
[#17]
LE6920 + mags + ammo =   LOTS OF FUN
Enjoy your new toy.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 9:17:06 PM EDT
[#18]
I bet it looks a little something like this! (- the TA31)

http://members.cox.net/h_bringham/images/ar15_le6920_jpg.jpg

Just to tide you over till lucid gets his pics up! Hey congratulations on your 6920 by the way. I got mine on October first and really lucked out on both it and the a.c.o.g. I got on a waiting list early, but kept looking because I doubt that is ever going to come through. I too have been wanting one of these for a long time....and i didn't just want something to look at and hold every now and then. FIRE AWAY! (might clean the bolt good first though, mine needed it and was also a little dry)
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 9:22:06 PM EDT
[#19]
Grats on the rifle... take off the upper, make sure its clear of obstruction and get to learn the parts...

Do a quick break-in period, and have at it.... it was meant to be fired, not to be put in a safe!

Enjoy your free state... no Colt for me in CT!

- BG
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 9:28:38 PM EDT
[#20]
Since we're sharing...

Link Posted: 10/9/2004 9:32:27 PM EDT
[#21]
Next step is usually optics or mags, sling and ammo. Or hell, buy it all at once, save on shipping.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 9:41:39 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

You know whats hilarious and I think is pretty damn coincedental is that you said your near Kenosha, WI. I happen to live in Racine about 10 min. north and I also saw that you said you went to Jalensky's Sports to inquire about a 6920..........that happens to be my friend, Dave Jalensky's dads place, he has a store in Kenosha and Sturtevant. They said they couldnt get ahold of the guns, right? Small world, eh???

Indeed!  I was at the Sturtevant store last week to pick up a gun case (airline approved) so I can fly down to Gunstock.  I asked again if they had any 6920s.  They just  
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top