Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 12/31/2002 6:47:32 AM EST
[Last Edit: 12/31/2002 6:50:03 AM EST by bvmjethead]
This rifle has a removeable carry handle. I'm wondering how I should mount the Eotech so I can enjoy co-witness sights.

Should I just mount the Eotech on the flattop of the rifle itself and get an ARMS #40 rear flip up sight as a co-witness?

If I do this will the Bushy's front sight post be in the sight picture of the Eotech?

If the front sight post is in the sight picture, is it a problem?

Anybody have any direct experience mounting this sight to this rifle? I'd like to benifit from your knowledge and experience.

Oh and I know this is a elementary, been there done that to most of you here, but I'm a newb and this is my first AR. Please, please use english and provide links to your suggestions, I dont know half the lingo you guy's use yet.

TIA
bvmjethead
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 9:18:27 AM EST
[Last Edit: 12/31/2002 9:25:53 AM EST by Zardoz]
Should I just mount the Eotech on the flattop of the rifle itself and get an ARMS #40 rear flip up sight as a co-witness?
View Quote
This is what I did, and it worked perfectly. [img]http://photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/IG_LoadImage.asp?iImageUnq=3349[/img]
If the front sight post is in the sight picture, is it a problem?
View Quote
Actually, after DXing the standard front sight tower and putting a BMAS folding front on it, I found that I preferred the sight picture with the standard front.
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 9:22:57 AM EST
I've since replaced teh DPMS BUIS with an ARMS #40. Works great. [img]http://www.supercharger.net/private/m4a3.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 9:24:36 AM EST
That front sight issue was what prompted my looking at Armalite flatops. I'm using GG&G flipup fronts and a ARMS rail cover + a #40 as the GG&G is really for the AR10, in the middle is an EoTech 551
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 8:13:00 PM EST
[Last Edit: 12/31/2002 8:14:04 PM EST by Drivie]
I'm thinking of doing the exact same thing but I need to determine if I'm going to have to replace the front sight post to get the ARMS #40 to work properly when mounted directly to the flattop. Any of you have this problem? Thanks! Drivie EDITED TO ADD: I have an RRA carbine M4 barrel.
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 9:08:37 PM EST
Just today I was able to finally go out and sight in my RRA M4. I did exactly what you are wanting to do. I have an Eotech 511 and an ARMS #40 on a RRA M4 flattop. I did have to raise my front sight post slightly to allow the ARMS #40 to sight in at 100 yards. The Eotech's center dot sits right on top of the front sight post. When I have the Eotech turned on, I don't even notice the front sight. I am very pleased with that setup. You will find that when you fold the ARMS #40 down, you can vary the angle that you look through the Eotech and raise the dot above the front sight post.
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 9:19:52 PM EST
Originally Posted By Drivie: I'm thinking of doing the exact same thing but I need to determine if I'm going to have to replace the front sight post to get the ARMS #40 to work properly when mounted directly to the flattop. Any of you have this problem? Thanks! Drivie EDITED TO ADD: I have an RRA carbine M4 barrel.
View Quote
Nope. You won't have to change a thing; the ARMS #40 works perfectly with the standard front sight.
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 9:26:30 PM EST
[Last Edit: 1/1/2003 8:47:01 AM EST by hamishdhu]
CDNN is selling a HUD-type, multiple reticle Russky red dot sight that I haven't seen before. I just wondered if anyone had any background on these. http://www.cdnninvestments.com/rusweavstylc.html http://store3.yimg.com/I/cdnn_1720_44787648 It's called a "Kobra".
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 9:10:50 AM EST
Martin and Zardoz, Thanks for the replies. I've been so confused on this one thing becuase I hear conflicting reports. Glad to hear that I can just mount the ARMS, sight it in, and be done with it! Thanks! Drivie
Top Top