Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/31/2002 7:47:32 AM EDT
This rifle has a removeable carry handle. I'm wondering how I should mount the Eotech so I can enjoy co-witness sights.

Should I just mount the Eotech on the flattop of the rifle itself and get an ARMS #40 rear flip up sight as a co-witness?

If I do this will the Bushy's front sight post be in the sight picture of the Eotech?

If the front sight post is in the sight picture, is it a problem?

Anybody have any direct experience mounting this sight to this rifle? I'd like to benifit from your knowledge and experience.

Oh and I know this is a elementary, been there done that to most of you here, but I'm a newb and this is my first AR. Please, please use english and provide links to your suggestions, I dont know half the lingo you guy's use yet.

TIA
bvmjethead
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 10:18:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Should I just mount the Eotech on the flattop of the rifle itself and get an ARMS #40 rear flip up sight as a co-witness?
View Quote
This is what I did, and it worked perfectly.
[img]http://photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/IG_LoadImage.asp?iImageUnq=3349[/img]
If the front sight post is in the sight picture, is it a problem?
View Quote
Actually, after DXing the standard front sight tower and putting a BMAS folding front on it, I found that I preferred the sight picture with the standard front.
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 10:22:57 AM EDT
[#2]
I've since replaced teh DPMS BUIS with an ARMS #40. Works great.

[img]http://www.supercharger.net/private/m4a3.jpg[/img]

Link Posted: 12/31/2002 10:24:36 AM EDT
[#3]
That front sight issue was what prompted my looking at Armalite flatops.

I'm using GG&G flipup fronts and a ARMS rail cover + a #40 as the GG&G is really for the AR10, in the middle is an EoTech 551
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 9:13:00 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm thinking of doing the exact same thing but I need to determine if I'm going to have to replace the front sight post to get the ARMS #40 to work properly when mounted directly to the flattop.  Any of you have this problem?

Thanks!

Drivie

EDITED TO ADD: I have an RRA carbine M4 barrel.
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 10:08:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Just today I was able to finally go out and sight in my RRA M4.  I did exactly what you are wanting to do.  I have an Eotech 511 and an ARMS #40 on a RRA M4 flattop.  I did have to raise my front sight post slightly to allow the ARMS #40 to sight in at 100 yards.  The Eotech's center dot sits right on top of the front sight post.  When I have the Eotech turned on, I don't even notice the front sight.  I am very pleased with that setup.  You will find that when you fold the ARMS #40 down, you can vary the angle that you look through the Eotech and raise the dot above the front sight post.
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 10:19:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I'm thinking of doing the exact same thing but I need to determine if I'm going to have to replace the front sight post to get the ARMS #40 to work properly when mounted directly to the flattop.  Any of you have this problem?

Thanks!

Drivie

EDITED TO ADD: I have an RRA carbine M4 barrel.
View Quote
Nope. You won't have to change a thing; the ARMS #40 works perfectly with the standard front sight.
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 10:26:30 PM EDT
[#7]
CDNN is selling a HUD-type, multiple reticle Russky red dot sight that I haven't seen before. I just wondered if anyone had any background on these.

http://www.cdnninvestments.com/rusweavstylc.html

http://store3.yimg.com/I/cdnn_1720_44787648

It's called a "Kobra".

Link Posted: 1/1/2003 10:10:50 AM EDT
[#8]
Martin and Zardoz,

Thanks for the replies.  I've been so confused on this one thing becuase I hear conflicting reports.  Glad to hear that I can just mount the ARMS, sight it in, and be done with it!

Thanks!

Drivie
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top