Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/28/2006 2:12:43 PM EDT
I know this has been covered before, but I'm having a problem mounting my eotech so that it dosen't cant to the left.  I can see the bottom of the sight's left underside is not clearing the bevel of the rail causing it to tilt.  Is this normal?
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 3:03:38 PM EDT
[#1]
No, it's not normal!  There are a lot of us that are having this problem as well.  Mine has sat tilted to the left on every rail and receiver that I have placed it on so I know that it is not my rifle and it's the sight .  There have been a lot of threads about this, one recently.  I will did it up for you.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 3:08:15 PM EDT
[#2]
HERE IS THE MOST RECENT THREAD.

I just yesterday called EOTech and ordered 3 new locking bars as described in the above thread to see if it cures my problem.  Hoepfully it will, but I doubt it.  Good luck with this, everyone will just jump on the EOTech coolaid band wagon and tell you that your rifles receiver is out of spec and Blah, Blah, Blah.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 4:21:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the reply, Doesn't look like the problem has been resolved yet.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 4:43:15 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

I just yesterday called EOTech and ordered 3 new locking bars as described in the above thread to see if it cures my problem.  Hoepfully it will, but I doubt it.  Good luck with this, everyone will just jump on the EOTech coolaid band wagon and tell you that your rifles receiver is out of spec and Blah, Blah, Blah.

There's no doubt that EOTech has had problems with their mounts on some of their sites (JickoRicko posted pics of the problem in his post in the thread you linked to). I'm not above admitting they they have screwed up and are in denial about it. But your constant attacks on them and their products because of it almost borders on trolling.

That said, cjgem, it's not normal. Contact EOTech and see if they can help you out.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 4:46:55 PM EDT
[#5]
tag...having the same problems
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 4:55:23 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

There's no doubt that EOTech has had problems with their mounts on some of their sites (JickoRicko posted pics of the problem in his post in the thread you linked to). I'm not above admitting they they have screwed up and are in denial about it. But your constant attacks on them and their products because of it almost borders on trolling.

That said, cjgem, it's not normal. Contact EOTech and see if they can help you out.

WIZZO

I paid good money for the sight and when EOTech admits that they are having problems and works to fix it, then I'll let up.  But, until then, I'll say what I want about a product that has a fault.  Unless, you want to be like everyone else and say, "EOTech is the best combat optic on the planet, maybe you should just deal with the SMALL fault and accept that your rifle, along with all of the others are out of spec."  Not me, I'm not a Lemming and am usually not the type to, "go with the flow."
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 5:44:14 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

I paid good money for the sight and when EOTech admits that they are having problems and works to fix it, then I'll let up.  But, until then, I'll say what I want about a product that has a fault.  Unless, you want to be like everyone else and say, "EOTech is the best combat optic on the planet, maybe you should just deal with the SMALL fault and accept that your rifle, along with all of the others are out of spec."  Not me, I'm not a Lemming and am usually not the type to, "go with the flow."

Bud, you missed one important detail in my reply.

I'm not above admitting they they have screwed up and are in denial about it.

Those pics in the thread you linked to prove it. There's no 2 ways about it.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 5:50:37 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

WIZZO

Did EOTech acknowledge any problem when you talked to them about the locking bars ? Do these locking bars mean that they are at least saying there might be something wrong with the mounting bars instead of the rifle rails ? Did they charge you for the locking bars ?

Please let us know if this fixes the problem.   Thanks
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 6:13:48 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

WIZZO

Did EOTech acknowledge any problem when you talked to them about the locking bars ? Do these locking bars mean that they are at least saying there might be something wrong with the mounting bars instead of the rifle rails ? Did they charge you for the locking bars ?

Please let us know if this fixes the problem.   Thanks

I paid for the locking bars myslef.  It's not like they cost very much, but I shouldn't have to be spending months trying to get a sight to mount right.  

I'll give an update on whether or not it fixes the problem.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 6:28:55 PM EDT
[#10]
My last email with Eotech was March 20th and Dennis said he would be sending a new locking bar to see if that would fix my 552.  Its now March 28th and no part as of yet.  I'll give them until the end of the week and contact them again.  I know from installing the sight on three different uppers and two different RRA dominator mounts that the problem is with the rail sight channel, on the sight itself, and not the locking bar.  I pointed this out to Eotech and the reply was that they were consulting with Quality Control and waiting until I installed the new locking bar to see if it fixed the problem.  Eotech knows there is an issue with how the sight is attached to the rail, but how they choose to fix it is up in the air for now.  I will be surprised if they send me another unit again.  Eotech replaced the original 552 with a new unit, but the new 552 cants as well.  

This is a test case for them to fix.  I work for a Sheriff's Office and the boss is waiting to see how they take care of this problem.  If not, I hightly doubt the boss will spend money on Eotech to outfit departmental weapons.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 7:09:42 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
My last email with Eotech was March 20th and Dennis said he would be sending a new locking bar to see if that would fix my 552.  Its now March 28th and no part as of yet.  I'll give them until the end of the week and contact them again.  I know from installing the sight on three different uppers and two different RRA dominator mounts that the problem is with the rail sight channel, on the sight itself, and not the locking bar.  I pointed this out to Eotech and the reply was that they were consulting with Quality Control and waiting until I installed the new locking bar to see if it fixed the problem.  Eotech knows there is an issue with how the sight is attached to the rail, but how they choose to fix it is up in the air for now.  I will be surprised if they send me another unit again.  Eotech replaced the original 552 with a new unit, but the new 552 cants as well.  

This is a test case for them to fix.  I work for a Sheriff's Office and the boss is waiting to see how they take care of this problem.  If not, I hightly doubt the boss will spend money on Eotech to outfit departmental weapons.

Same situation guy.  They sent me another 511 and it canted as well, so Dennis immediately started saying that it was the rifle and that, in his terms, "have never put out a bad product."  I have had my sight on numerous rifles and rails and it cant's to the left to the same degree on every one.  I think that they are in such denial about the entire issue that they won't ever fess up to it.  That's why I just went ahead and purchased the locking bars myslef to see if it will take care of it.  I know that removing the hood to remove the locking bar will void the waranty, but at this point, what does it matter!  
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top